It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 05:14 AM   #1
(male)

lah391 HB User
Facing Death in Your Teens

Hi, everyone. I'm kind of new to this and it's a little bit weird to me. But I think it will be good to get my feelings out. Well, I lost my father last April. April 10, 2006. I was only 15. He was shot and killed. I think I put my grief on a shelf until the summer came because I wanted to be able to get through school. Then summer vacation came. My family wanted me to have some alone time. I cried almost every day that summer. Then I finally got to a point where I wasn't thinking about the death every single day. I felt like I was strong enough to resume a normal healthy life. Not even 6 months after my dad died my uncle was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He was told he only had a couple months to live. I am thriving now and I am successful being active in my community, my church and my school. I feel really strong as a person now and independent. I feel like I have a grown into a man but I still miss my dad and I think about him every day and I wish he could see the person that I am now.

Also, one of my good friends lost his dad as well. His father died on November 20, 2005. He had brain cancer and he bravely fought it for a year. My friend and his family had to decide whether his dad would stay in the MD Anderson Clinic in Houston or if he was going to stay in their home. My friend's mom decided that she was going to take care of her husband until he passed. He was only 55. At the same time, their grandmother was suffering too and she passed away after a long illness on October 27, 2005 not even a month before the death of their father. It was heart-breaking to see them suffer like that because they've sort of made me feel like I'm a part of their family too. I worry about them. But my friend is strong like I am and his mother is really, independent, active in the community and is very successful.

Thanks for letting me get my stories out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Facing Death in Your Teens

Wow my lad!
You ARE SOMETHING ELSE! BRAVO! You are holding on where others would have crumbled. Keep being busy and the hurt will fade out.
I lost mu mum ten years ago from a heart attack. I

Old 07-18-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Thumbs up Re: Facing Death in Your Teens

Wow my lad!
You ARE SOMETHING ELSE! BRAVO!
You are holding on where others would have crumbled. Keep being busy and the hurt will fade out.
I lost my mum ten years ago from a heart attack. I still think of her and miss her a lot even though I am THREE TIMES your age! I am also convinced she is with me and looks after me from where she is. Many times I talk to her as though she is with me, and NO I do not feel nuts. I feel peacefull and can deal with my loss.
Please continue to smile, the world looks better that way!
I keep repeating myself, but I AM TRULY PROUD OF YOU.Can you imagine what your dad feels from where he is?

Closed Thread