It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

greekmama HB User
I lost my wonderful Mom on 7/10/07 and I don't know how I will go on.

I lost my wonderful Mom suddenly on 7/10/07. She had not been feeling well, but it didn't seem out of the ordinary. I was going to take her to the doctor the next morning, but when I woke up and went downstairs to visit her, she was gone.

I'm 42 years old and have always lived with my Mom. We had a mother/daughter house and she and my Dad lived downstairs (my Dad's still with us). I'm married and have one son, who was very close to her.

I cannot believe she is gone and now live with the guilt that I may have been able to save her had I been there with her. I did offer to sleep downstairs (like I had done before when she wasn't feeling well, but she told me no).

I MISS HER SO MUCH! I have anxiety and the sadness is overwhelming. I don't have any friends who have lost their mothers and it is hard for people to understand. Fortunately, my sister and I are in constant contact and I feel thankful to have her. However, the friends that were around me have disappeared. Practically no one calls to see how I am doing or just to chat.

I went to a bereavement group yesterday, but no one showed up except for the Therapist.

I was hoping to connect with other daughters who have lost their moms in the North Jersey (New Jersey) area.

Thank you for reading this. I am truly sorry for all of your losses.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: I lost my wonderful Mom on 7/10/07 and I don't know how I will go on.

I'm sorry for the loss of your mom. I'm glad you decided to look into a bereavement group. I hope you continue to go and it helps you find some peace.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
(female)

Psimer HB User
Re: I lost my wonderful Mom on 7/10/07 and I don't know how I will go on.

You cannot change what happened and it probably would have happened even if you were there. Everyone only has so many minutes and then it's over. So stop feeling guilty.

I lost my mother Easter Sunday. It has been hard. I am going home to see my dad next weekend because it would have been my mother's birthday.

You are not going to get over this quickly. It takes a great deal of time. Grief counseling will help. Sharing stories with others will help. But there will aways be something missing in your life from now on.

Keep in mind that although your mother is not there in person, she is still with you. Every day she is right beside you. And she is helping you out. She knows you pain and she wishes she could take it away.

Sara

Closed Thread