It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
(female)

violaroses HB User
I need my daddy back

his slippers are still waiting for him by my door in the garage, i wear his robe, his smell is gone from being in my home for almost a year. my family takes turns wearing dads robe, we all miss him. my mom has gone crazy this year, it has taken everything i ahve not to go crazy with her. i pray so hard for her lost soul right now. i miss my dadddy, its been almost a year , i didnt want one thing to change when he died, and now u look back and it has, we have things he didnt see us get, he wsnt there when i finally got well enough to get my driverslicense again. i need my best friend.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: I need my daddy back

Viola,
I'm so sorry you lost your Daddy. It's very hard to move on, I know, but you must in order to honor your Dad. He would want you to keep on living and remember him always. Try to remember the happy times, the times you laughed together or did fun things. Try putting his slippers in a special place in a closet. Then you don't see them everyday but you can take them out sometimes. I do this with my Mom's slippers. I keep them in a shoebox and every once in a while I take them out and put them on. I cry a little, but I smile too and remember her. The same thing with your Dad's robe. I'm a lot older than you, but grief affects everyone, young and old. I lost both my parents and my husband passed away in November. I kept some of his special clothing and I take them out sometimes and remember when he last wore it and the fun things we did. Hang in there, try to help your Mom and be brave. It will get better and you have to live your life. God Bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 03:52 AM   #3
(female)

rayne081 HB User

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I Lost my mom about 5 years ago, my brother died 3 years before she did. Time will make it easier to bear, you have to hang on, be strong he would want that. YOU have to LIVE. LIVE for him. Live a full life, making a difference being a good person. I know you miss him, and I know he loved you and was proud of you! Also Helping others will help to strengthen you, maybe you could volunter somewhere? I did that, and it did help. Continue to pray and help your mom be strong. I'll pray for you too. God Bless.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
(female)

violaroses HB User

thank you, i so much need to talk about my dad. he ws so full of life. i have to live, thats the only way i can bear it, i volunteer alot- it makes me feel needed and useful. i feel like i am the only one who is remembering dad, how is he going to live if he gets forgotten. is that what happens to you?
you just live and then in 6 months your forgotten, it makes me sad.

i feel like i want to cry, but i have to be strong, my mom has moved on with another man who is mean , its so weird. dad always was smiling. i miss him so much, i got to spend so much time with him. i am grateful

Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
(female)

Psimer HB User

Your mom will change with time. She needed someone and this person was there. It may not be your choice but then this relationship may not last.

As for you, write down all of the stories about your dad. Then share them with your family and have them write down stories as well. And choose a date and have a party and share the stories. I can't begin to tell you how much it will help you heal. Your mom should be there so that she can remember and add all of the moments she remembers as well.

Grief takes its time. Things do change. I lost my mother Easter Sunday. I was home to see my dad this past weekend and I miss my mom not being there. She added so much to our lives. But that was what really mattered. She gave so much of herself to us and to her friends. And we love her for it even if she isn't here.

Sara

Closed Thread