It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

CancerChick HB User
Happy Birthday Mom

I wanted so bad to go to church today and light a candle for you. But I'm battling cancer and now I have shingles. But you were in my thoughts all day and I've never stopped loving you. I miss you so much my mom, my friend.

Until we meet again all my love.

Kayla

Old 09-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Happy Birthday Mom

How incredibly sweet. First of all, I wish you all the luck with your battle against cancer.

My mom died Dec 26, 2006 and her 70th birthday would have been Sept 1, 2007. She had battled 5 years against lymphoma. I have just finished a crying jag.

I wonder if mothers know how important they are? I'm not a mother myself so I can't testify to the feeling, or non-feeling, as the case may be-

Bless mothers and fathers. There time is short and their burden long. We children owe them a tremendous amount of gratuitude and respect.

I know not everyone has had a wonderful experience with their parents but I think, no matter the situation, when that parent is gone, we feel loss....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you kayla I will pray for you!!

It is so hard when we loose our parents, I lost my dear mum last February she was 61 years old and my best friend.

since I lost my mum I have many health problems, underactive thyroid, lost of allergies to cats, dogs, trees, PEANUTS, FISH, borderline wheat and egg the peanut one relay scares me!! I am 42 years old and just found all this out in may this year, I think when we loose some one so dear part of us goes with them.

Its my mum's birthday next Friday the 5th Oct, I also lost my dad in 1999 to bowel cancer he was 61 years old as well.... love to you ...Mandy

Old 09-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

I lost my Mom Feb 2006 and there isn't a day go by that I don't thnik of her in many ways. My biggest problem is the guilt, the guilt I did't go see her the last 5 months. She lived three hours away that's all! When we got the phone call she was in the hospital we went down there and we stayed there til the end, 2 weeks later. She had shingles that gave way to pnemonia, she didn't want anyone to see her with the shingles and like a good daughter obeyed for once! Three days before she died, she actually was getting better and was going to be moved to another floor and we were planning for her return to her own home with her husband and we even went home for a night she was doing so good. She was 77 and I'd give my right arm to turn back the clock a few years before so I could be a better daughter, let her know I really did love her and take back the arguements that were so frivolous. Ya never know how much you can miss a person amid all the arguments etc til they are really gone and you can't turn back the clock. I miss her so much!!

Closed Thread