It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #1
(female)

jahen19 HB User
My Husband died 3 months ago

Since my husband died, I find it very, very hard to have a productive life. I live with my daughter, we get along great, but i feel so empty, I do not want to be arround other people, and I find it hard to cry. He died in my arms. What can I do to get thru this, it is so hard.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: My Husband died 3 months ago

Hi Jahen, so sorry for your loss. How long were you married? How did he die?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

You are so new to widowhood. I lost my husband 9 years ago and I can tell you that it does get better with time. It does help to talk about it with others who understand what you are feeling. Everyone grieves in their own way and time. There is no timetable to guide one along, you just try to survive one day at a time.

If there is a local support group, those can be helpful to you to talk among others like you. When I was widowed, I lived in a very rural area and no local support group was available to me, so I joined an online support group and through the years have been blessed with support from others like me. Reach out, there are others willing to help you through this time. You do not have to suffer in silence.

I am sure if you search for widows/widowers you will find a wonderful family of people who are willing to listen and share. I know I felt much better knowing I was not the only one having the thoughts and feelings I was experiencing. I hope you will find a place where you can feel comfortable and make new meaningful friends as I have. Bless you in your journey. Hugs.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #4
(female)

SPORT46 HB User

My Dad died in Feb and my mom took antidepressants for several months after that. After a few months she went to a grief group, and has blossomed in that she joined a senior group, goes to yoga classes with a friend, and is now enjoying a few days in Las Vegas. I'm so glad she has taken these positive steps.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

I'm sorry to hear that.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you will find some comfort talking with the people here. There are many wonderful and kind people at these boards.

Take care,

SOE

Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
(female)

Katiem1 HB User

I'm sorry to hear about your loss - I hope things are becoming a little easier for you. I know that it must be a very difficult and tough time for you at the moment - especially with Christmas coming up.
I know that my loss wasn't my husband but my Father and he died 10 years ago, and at times such as Christmas it can still be difficult for me, but it is true when people say 'time is a great healer'. I hope you will be able to eventually see this.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #8
(male)

cherokepyrte HB User

I'm so sorry for your loss and I know what it feels like to have the loss of a spouse. There are support groups and they can be wunderful. There are also online communities that give you an outlet. Be careful of the online things tho as they can become addicting and keep you from a real life. I know it seems nearly impossible right not to visualize going out and doing things but you must get out and try. The depression you are feeling now will only eat you up if you don't fight it. Depression is what took my wife almost 8 years ago. Time doesn't truely heal all wounds but it does make them easier to deal with. You will find out in time it gets easier to be without him but you will still feel an empty spot. Anniverssarries will suck most. Holidays come up a close 2nd. Fill your life with people that make you feel good. It wont hurt to even find a new companion. Pets work in this capasity very well. I have 7 cats and 2 dogs a fish and a mouse named *****.(he bites lol) I hope this helps you a lil bit to see that there can still be life after loss. You will just have to go hunting for it. Good luck and remember, fun is not a 4 letter word. Shane

Closed Thread