It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
(male)

davec49 HB User
dave

I lost my wife to ovarian cancer 8 weeks ago and feel totally devastated, I am not religious but do beleive in an afterlife, its the only thing thats has kept me going. I am lucky to have two daughters and 3 grand children, but I still feel so lonley, is there any future for me.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
(female)

louloublue HB User
Re: dave

hi dave

of course there is a future for you...you have your children who need you, as do your grandchildren..

i can only imagine the pain you're going through at the moment..it must be crucifying....

deleted

Last edited by Administrator; 10-05-2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: do not ask for personal information. Discuss only what is shared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

So sorry for your sad loss, you know people say time heals!!

I know you lost your wife and that must be so hard to bare, I lost my mum last year and my dad 8 years ago they were both 61 years old... I feel like part of me has gone with them... I hope and pray that you and your daughters find that in time it doesn't feel that your heart is so broken ...take care ...Mandy

Old 10-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
(female)

Katiem1 HB User

I have recently written on this notice board myself about my friend and have been reading other notices and I felt I needed to reply to you. My Dad died suddenly 10 years ago and recently after the death of her husband I wrote to my friend trying to give some sort of comfort - if only in words. It's just really to say to you as I said to her, I remember when my Dad first died - what helped me get through it was that although I'm not religous myself I firmly believe that I will see my Dad again one day. I think all those we hold so dearly in our hearts - we will see again - At the time I needed to keep thinking that so that I had the comfort and strength to get through it and it still brings me comfort to think that way. None of us get over the death of a loved one , we just have to learn to live our lives differently.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
(female)

mac7707 HB User

Hi Dave

I saw your post and wanted to send my condolences as well. I lost my beloved husband, also named Dave, 5 months ago. It is never fair and life is not the same without your life partner. Like you I take comfort in the children and grandchildren but it isn't the same. I am not sure it ever gets "better". I am told and hold on to that some day it will get easier to deal with. I would like to get to a place when I can think of him and remember him with a smile instead of tears - but it isn't today. My goal now is to get through the holidays as best I can. I don't want to ruin the holidays for my grandchildren who are young but I also can't imagine the holiday without my beloved. He is the one who liked to decorate the house and write out the cards and just enjoyed the whole time. We had a running joke over when to put up the tree - he was ready the day after Thanksgiving and I would have been happy to wait until a couple of days before Christmas - and we always compromised at 2 weeks before Christmas. This year I have no desire to put up any decorations or tree. I will as the grandkids would not understand but it will be a hollow day.

I hope the next few weeks go okay for you as well.

Closed Thread