It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
(female)

angel72 HB User
I lost my fiance last summer

I lost my fiance to brain cancer in July 2006, he was only 30 years old. I was one of his primary caregivers while he was ill as well. I am finding that things are affecting me much more now. I think I was numb for close to a year. I cry at the drop of a hat when I hear certain songs or see certain commercials. I have also been thinking way too much about when he was sick and I can't seem to remember what things were like before. Is this normal? I sometimes feel that someone has played a really cruel joke on me because what happened just should not be possible. I just turned 35 and it seems like everyone I know has their lives together and I just can't make a decision like what to eat for lunch or what to wear on a daily basis. I still can't believe that he is truly gone. I went to therapy early on, but I think in retrospect I was too numb to get any benefit from it. I am having a hard time because I am from a relatively small town and don'tknow of anyone who has been through something similar. I feel like the good part of my life is just over and I hate feeling like this. Reading this board has definitely made me feel less isolated- thank you.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: I lost my fiance last summer

Angel - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. There is no set time frame for grief. Maybe you can try counselling again or maybe a support group. It might help a little more now that you've had some time. Stick around here, you will get a lot of support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 05:35 AM   #3
(male)

jason74 HB User
Re: I lost my fiance last summer

I have been where you are. You are not alone. Reach for God and he will comfort you. Let him control your life and he will heal you like you never thought possible. He has completely healed me and my life is better than ever. My wife died at the age of 29 last year. If you live for you than I would say, this is going to linger with you the rest of your life. If you live your life to honor God, your life could be great again very soon.

I will pray for you

Jason

Closed Thread