It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

kenziesmom4ever HB User
This helped me...maybe it will help someone else!

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading alot of the post here and for various reasons. I lost my Mama when I was only 4 years old and here I am 37 years later and I still have days when I cry all day. Also I am facing some pretty frightening news myself. I have had some problems for a while now and the word "biopsy" is coming up alot ....Death is not something I am afraid of. I have lived with it all my life. But how do I even fathom telling MY nine year old ANGEL? I cant even think about it right now.My heart is absolutley BREAKING for the PRECIOUS girl I would have to leave behind should this turn out bad.

Anyway....the other reason I wanted to post here...A few years back I was going thru a really hard time dealing with not having my Mama around. And yes It still hurts. I was on another site that i belong to for motherless daughters and someone sent me a message that changed the way I coped.

It starts out by saying that when someone you love DIES it's like being thrown into the cold ocean and you cannot swim. You are in absolute shock and panic and wonder how you will ever survive. Then after a little while you learn to tread the water instead of fighting it. Most days are good but every now and again a WAVE washes over you, catches you by suprise. Takes your breath....and u slowly begin to tread the water again. You realize you will never escape the ocean, but you make your peace with the water. Understand we are all here together. If you are taken under....reach for my hand.

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.
God Bless
Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marshmallow HB User
Re: This helped me...maybe it will help someone else!

Missy, that was beautiful Thank you so much for posting that.I love my husband 3 months ago and a son years ago. I love my mom and dad many years ago. That really made a lot of sense.
Now try not to think the worse until you know for sure something is wrong then we can hold your hand and try to help you. I cannot imagine how you feel. Your little girl is blessed to have a loving mother.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
(female)

kenziesmom4ever HB User

Thank you for the encouragement. I am just trying to be IN THE MOMENT until Monday. Thats when I go to schedule my liver biopsy. Not thinking about it is the only way I can deal with it right now. I am a single Mom and its been just me and mackenzie for 9 years! Pray for us....I am just asking for God's will and peace of mind.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
(female)

pam83 HB User

hello i was reading your post i to lost my mum when i was only 6years old may i say that i live with the loss everyday i dont even remember mum sadly,iam the youngest in my family and my mum was only 37years old when she passed it is to me a feeling of confussment in my heart know one understands me i think unexplainable feelings that never leave i then at the age of 24yrs recieved bad medical news and boy oh boy did i relize just how much i suffer being a motherless daughter.i miss mum so it was hard growing up i felt different from the other children in so many ways can you relate to that?the one thing that pulled me through was faith and contol and to understand that we are our mothers daughter and live our lives the best we can for respect for our mum all the best to you your not alone cheers pam83.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

KenziesMom,
Please let us know the results of the biopsy. I'm praying for you very hard.
God Bless.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #6
(female)

analisa4 HB User

Missy, how beautiful...I just lost my son two weeks ago and that is exactly how I feel. I am in shock. I just want the water to take me under, so that I can be with him again. I miss him so much. I will be praying for you. Thank you again for sharing. Please keep in touch.

Closed Thread