It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
(female)

Shirley M HB User
Thumbs up I Lost my Husband Too....

I too lost my husband in Sept. 11.2007. I am sorry that we are all going through such terrible pain BUT life must go on!
Did you ever wonder WHY your mate died and you lived on? Well I have and I believe that the answer to that is; God still has work for us to do. I know that without GOD that there is NO way that I could live and go on with my life. BUT on the other hand "Why would anyone WANT to go on without Christ Jesus to hold our hand? I want to spend the rest of my life serving God in what ever way that I can.
Like Jason said We can either die right now OR we can choose to LIVE and make the best of what ever time that God gives us.

My husband was 73 when he died,he had Cirrohsis of the Liver and never drank in his life. He was the Pastor of our church. NOW how ironic is that?
His job was done ! BUT my job is not done,and I live each day in hopes that some how, someway God will show me what I need to do to serve him better.

People say I can't live without my mate BUT yes we can do anything through God who comforts us. You say OH he didn't comfort me but we have to humble ourselves and kneel at his feet and ASK him to comfort us. We are so full of the misery that Devil puts us through that we can't make room for Jesus Christ to come into our life to give us what is so pure and free,JUST for the asking. There is no cost !

I for one will serve the LORD!
Love

Shirley M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jsph110 HB User
Re: I Lost my Husband Too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley M View Post

I too lost my husband in Sept. 11.2007. I am sorry that we are all going through such terrible pain BUT life must go on!
Did you ever wonder WHY your mate died and you lived on? Well I have and I believe that the answer to that is; God still has work for us to do. I know that without GOD that there is NO way that I could live and go on with my life. BUT on the other hand "Why would anyone WANT to go on without Christ Jesus to hold our hand? I want to spend the rest of my life serving God in what ever way that I can.
Like Jason said We can either die right now OR we can choose to LIVE and make the best of what ever time that God gives us.

My husband was 73 when he died,he had Cirrohsis of the Liver and never drank in his life. He was the Pastor of our church. NOW how ironic is that?
His job was done ! BUT my job is not done,and I live each day in hopes that some how, someway God will show me what I need to do to serve him better.

People say I can't live without my mate BUT yes we can do anything through God who comforts us. You say OH he didn't comfort me but we have to humble ourselves and kneel at his feet and ASK him to comfort us. We are so full of the misery that Devil puts us through that we can't make room for Jesus Christ to come into our life to give us what is so pure and free,JUST for the asking. There is no cost !

I for one will serve the LORD!
Love

Shirley M
Thanks for encouraging me.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
(male)

cherokepyrte HB User
Re: I Lost my Husband Too....

Sorry Shirley. Some of us go the other way. After losing more than 31 children to miscarriage, my stepfather, my great grandparents, my wife and my stepchildren all before i was 30, yea, god don't impress me much as the kind of guy i would want to serve or even hang out with. Plus i got the worst commercial for god that anybody could. I was told, by my severely abusive muther, that if god hadn't wanted her to treat me and beat me the way she did then he would've stopped her. I prefer cosmic explainations for loss. It hurts less to think that things are chance, decision and karma than it does to think that some god is controling it all. That puts him in a very bad light for some of us. Time is the only true eternal and infinite thing in the universe, as far as I believe now. I'm not knocking your belief system, I'm just letting other people know that there are alternatives to dieties. Shane

Last edited by cherokepyrte; 12-17-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Closed Thread