It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
(female)

JustSoAlone HB User
How Do You Go On?

Hi I'm new to here,

My baby sister Millie Jo passed away feb '06 aged 21 months in a tragic accident;
She had climbed down the side of her bed to reach a toy and tragically got stuck and suffocated.

Millie was my only sister, Even with a 12 year age gap we was the best of friends. I was her play-mate, A 2nd 'mum', members of the family referred to me as!

Millie's passing broke my heart at first I refused to believe, denied it all, and now 1 year and 10 months down the line I still can't accept I won't see her again, I loved her so much, we did everything together.

I miss her so much, I don't want to keep going on telling myself maybe it will get better, When it never does.

Thanks for reading I know it probably does'nt make sense.
Bethanie x x x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
(female)

Jesseli HB User
Re: How Do You Go On?

You do make sense.
I'm sorry about your baby sister She's a little angel now
Time will help, but you will never stop missing or loving her. I bet your sister would want you to be happy. Your love never dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSoAlone View Post
Hi I'm new to here,

My baby sister Millie Jo passed away feb '06 aged 21 months in a tragic accident;
She had climbed down the side of her bed to reach a toy and tragically got stuck and suffocated.

Millie was my only sister, Even with a 12 year age gap we was the best of friends. I was her play-mate, A 2nd 'mum', members of the family referred to me as!

Millie's passing broke my heart at first I refused to believe, denied it all, and now 1 year and 10 months down the line I still can't accept I won't see her again, I loved her so much, we did everything together.

I miss her so much, I don't want to keep going on telling myself maybe it will get better, When it never does.

Thanks for reading I know it probably does'nt make sense.
Bethanie x x x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
(female)

shadowssister22 HB User

I know how you feel. My younger brother (my only brother/sibling) was killed in a car accident just three months ago, on August 25th. For many years we didn't get along, but we were so close for the last four or five years. We had so much fun together. He said that he could tell me things that he just couldn't talk about with the rest of our family, because he felt like he was being judged. I love my brother with all of my heart, mind, body and soul, just as you love your sister. When Sean died, I went through a severe state of shock. I could hardly even look at his picture without immediately bursting into tears. I've been told that the first couple of years are the hardest to handle when you've lost someone you love, but somehow I don't believe it gets easier after that. Part of me died too, when Sean died. A piece of my heart and soul was torn from me, leaving an empty hollow place deep inside that will never fully heal. I think that perhaps with a lot of time, the wounds left from the loss will not hurt quite as sharply as they do now, but I will always hurt. The only way to go on is to cling for dear life to the good memories that you have of your sister, the ones that always bring a smile to your face and make you laugh. Never stop smiling and laughing....it's essential to the healing process. Everyone deals with grief differently, so what's true for me may not be true for you, and vice versa. I know how much you miss your sister, because I miss my brother the same way. Healing will come, in time. Just try to keep that in the back of your mind always. Someday, someday it will get better. Live for that day, the day when you realize that though the hurt of losing your sister will always be there, somehow, it has begun to hurt less, the pain is no longer as sharp as it was when you first started to grieve. I'm saying this because I live for that day myself....the day when I will wake up and the hurt won't be as bad. Know that you're not alone, there are others who do understand what you're going through. Never let anyone convince you that it isn't okay to cry. If you need to cry, you go right ahead and do it. Take comfort in your family and friends. *hugs* I wish you and your family healing and laughter.

~Heather

Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
(female)

Sabrina67 HB User

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I lost my sister when she was around the same age. She had a "cold" and it went into complications and she passed away. there was 12 years between us but still... It has been many years ago but I still think of her.
My brother also passed away six years ago last month, he was 17. He has surgery when he was 3 and the anesthesiologist did not monitor him . He suffered severe brain damage. He lived for 15 years after but was blind and a quadriplegic. He slowly got worse year after year. His death was very painful. For him and for us, and I miss him still. I was 14 when he was born and he was so special to me.
I know this will not make you feel better. But maybe telling you this you will know that others have been in your place and it will get better. You will never be the same.....but it will be easier.
I try to remember all the good times we had, and how much fun my lost sister and brother and I had together. Yea I cry sometimes. And so should you. Just remember that she loved you ...and you loved her and she knew that.
Be strong.
My prayers are with you and your family
Sabrina

Closed Thread