It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 04:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User
The Story Behind the Ornament

I received a angel with "Mom 2006" on it from a neice and nephew this year with this story...... A good friend of mine from school gave my team teacher and me a very interesting gift the other day. It was one of the most odd, yet precious things I have ever received. She gave us an ornament and on the back of the ornament was the name of our student who passed away last year, as well as last year's date. My friend began giving out these ornaments to those she knew who had lost a loved one each year at Christmas. She got the idea a few years back when she and her husband were dating. They were putting up a tree together at her apartment and he brought along some of his own ornaments to put on the tree. She picked an ornament up he had brought along that said "Mom" and a date on the back. She thought to herself, just as I did when she gave me my ornament, how odd. Then, her boyfriend explained the story that someone in his church had given the ornament, the first christmas after his mom had died. Now every year, when he puts the ornament on the Christmas tree, he thinks of his mother and tells my friends stories about her. Hearing the story behind the ornament really touched me and gave me the idea to also share this gift with others. I thought that this was a fitting gift for all of you, as your mother's (Grandma's) favorite holiday was Christmas. I know Grandma/Mom is always in our heartson this holiday, but I thought this would also be a beautiful reminder for us all. Make one for a friend that has lost a friend or family member and give it to them......... Have a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!

Last edited by cher1052; 12-25-2007 at 03:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread