It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
(female)

Vivaldi HB User
What to say when your friend's mother died

Waht to say when your friends mother died

Old 03-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User
Re: Waht to say when your friends mother died

My mother died when I was 23, my sister was 21, and my brother was 16. I think it was hard for a lot of our friends to talk to us. I think a hug would be nice, and also reassurance that you are here for them if they need anything. Just let them know you are thinking of them and you are there if your friend needs you.

Were you close to the family of your friend? Food was always nice to bring someone so that in this hard time they did not have to think about cooking.

I hope this helps. If you can write us back. I am not sure how old you are and how you are doing with your friends mom passing away? One of the most important things is to take time to mourn the loss and really take it easy. Keep it simple.

Good luck honey, I am sorry you are going through this hard time.

Kass

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 AM   #3
(female)

limpster HB User
Re: Waht to say when your friends mother died

It is so hard sometimes to find the right words to say to someone when a loved one dies.

I'm Sorry doesn't really work. Just let your friend know that you are there for them no matter what. An ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on etc.

Let them know if they need anything, Just call.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: What to say when your friend's mother died

I lost my parents last fall. My dad died in september and my mother followed him 5 weeks later.

I was thankful for anyone who said I'm sorry. It told me that they cared enough to tell me that they were concerned. It's better than saying nothing or saying "they were old" or "it was their time."

Ask your friend if she is OK. Ask if she needs anything. Ask if she wants to talk. Ask if she would like to go out with you. Check in on her..this is a crappy time and it's nice to know that your friends still care...take it from some one who has just been there.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Re: What to say when your friend's mother died

I lost my mum two years ago, in a way it just seems so so much longer and in other ways only like yesterday. Not a day goes by that I dont think of her and miss her so so much. She was 63 when she died.

What I found people saw how sorry they are, but a few weeks later your old news, my mum died in may and I remember someone saying to me I was going to have the Best Christmas Ever (as my son was now coming into the santa stage !) I just said what? . To me things will never be the same. What I am trying to say, be there if your friend needs you, pop over for a coffee, plan a lunch,,, it is really strange how after a few weeks you are meant to be "NORMAL" in time it gets easier but there is always a gap, that you just learn to live with. Remember her especially on the hard days, Mothers Day, Christmas, Easter,.......... and of course everyday life. She will have her good and bad days........
Round1

Closed Thread