It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
(female)

denyor HB User
greiving for a lost son

Has anyone out there lost a child I am having a very hard time coping..help

Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: greiving for a lost son

Dear Denyor,

I have not lost a child but just wanted to say how sorry I am for what you must be going through. Have you considered grief counseling? I know there are groups that meet for that. It may help to talk and share with people who have suffered a loss such as yours.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs,

JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NVD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by denyor View Post
Has anyone out there lost a child I am having a very hard time coping..help
Hi Denyor,
I lost my daughter last month...and I too, am struggling horribly. The pain runs through every strand of your being, non stop. How old was your son, and how long ago was it that he died? I'm sorry...I wish I had some encouraging words...but you're not alone out there. Let yourself feel whatever you need to feel, don't try and interrupt the process.
And try and hang in there.
Amber

Old 05-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
(female)

littlesadone HB User

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your pain. May you find peace and comfort to help you through the roughest times.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #5
(female)

denyor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVD View Post
Hi Denyor,
I lost my daughter last month...and I too, am struggling horribly. The pain runs through every strand of your being, non stop. How old was your son, and how long ago was it that he died? I'm sorry...I wish I had some encouraging words...but you're not alone out there. Let yourself feel whatever you need to feel, don't try and interrupt the process.
Amber

Old 05-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
(female)

denyor HB User

My son was 26 years old he died in Iraq. Some of the guys were on patrol and starting taking fire. they called for back up and he and 3 of his men went in to help they were hit by a IED and the bradley exploded along with all the ammo that was inside it. He was a Staff Sergeant and it was his second deployment. He was to come home for two weeks the first of July. He leaves behind a wife and 18 month old boy. I can't get closure because it was a closed casket. HE died on EASTER night so it's been two months.

Last edited by denyor; 05-24-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
(female)

denyor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny0 View Post
Dear Denyor,

I have not lost a child but just wanted to say how sorry I am for what you must be going through. Have you considered grief counseling? I know there are groups that meet for that. It may help to talk and share with people who have suffered a loss such as yours.

Big Hugs,

JB

Old 05-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #8
(female)

denyor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny0 View Post
Dear Denyor,

Big Hugs,

JB
I have a appointment for counseling Tuesday, but my husband is against it he said ,can talk to me.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #9
(female)

denyor HB User

Quote:
Hi Denyor,
Amber

Old 05-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #10
(female)

denyor HB User

NVD- maybe we can be there for each other I know it helps to talk and I really don't have anyone to talk to. My son was 26 and he was so awesome. Always making people laugh and uo beat. He started out in the old guard in D.C.,but voluteered to go to Iraq...

Last edited by denyor; 05-24-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

NVD HB User

Hi Danyor, Of course I'll be here to listen when you want to talk. I'm so sorry to hear of your son. He sounds like an amazing man. My daughter was five weeks old when she died of what they think is SIDS. We haven't yet got the final autopsy/toxicology report, but the initial report didn't show anything specific that would have caused her death. I am the one who found her little body and tried CPR until the medics got there and took her away...and I'm struggling more than ever with all the flashbacks. It's been seven weeks today...I miss her more than I ever thought was possible.
I'd love to talk more, and if you need someone to talk to, I'm more than willing to listen. (((hugs))) to you.
Amber

Old 05-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
(female)

denyor HB User

Quote:
Hi Danyor, Of course I'll be here to listen when you want to talk. I'm so sorry to hear of your son. He sounds like an amazing man. My daughter was five weeks old when she died of what they think is SIDS. We haven't yet got the final autopsy/toxicology report, but the initial report didn't show anything specific that would have caused her death. I am the one who found her little body and tried CPR until the medics got there and took her away...and I'm struggling more than ever with all the flashbacks. It's been seven weeks today...I miss her more than I ever thought was possible.
I'd love to talk more, and if you need someone to talk to, I'm more than willing to listen. (((hugs))) to you.
Amber

Old 05-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #13
(female)

denyor HB User

You can take comfort in knowing she is an angel now just like my son, he had recently gotten close to JESUS. I guess seeing all they see over there would cause a life change he was always a great kid though. Sometimes life seems so unfair. I think, why did he have to be the one who went in for backup, but I guess we will know someday.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

NVD HB User

Hi Denyor,
I hope you're doing okay today. Your son will specifically be in my prayers this Memorial Day.
I believe my daughter is an angel...but I don't find a lot of comfort in that....she's supposed to be here with us. It's been seven weeks, and the further out we get the more I miss her. I miss her so much Denyor...it really isn't fair. She was too young...her time was too short. Ay, I could just scream.
I'm sure you feel the same. I never imagined burrying one of my children...the order is wrong. It hurts so badly; I've never felt a pain this intense and crippling. And from what I hear...this is it. This is life. The pain will never go away...we'll just get used to it...we'll learn how to live our lives with the pain. And that scares me. I don't know that I'm strong enough to keep this up. Sigh...
Try and hang in there...sorry to be such a downer today.
Amber

Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 AM   #15
(female)

ACOhio HB User

Denyor & Nvd

I was only passing through this board on the way to some others. And this posting really touched my heart.
I have never lost a child, I can't imagine the depth of sorrow, frustration, anger, and the great loss. But I do know that allow yourself to grieve, there are different steps in the grieving process, they DO NOT always follow a set course & many times you may "revisit" feelings often or all of the way, this is okay. There is no "time" limit for grieving, so do not let anyone tell or imply that there is.
But it is very important to communicate & starting with each other is great. Talk get it out, this is important on a regular basis. If you feel that someday you may need a little more help, Please seek it out. There is nothing wrong with needing help & support. But I caution you to seek grief support groups specific to your losses & grief councelors, they have a better understanding of the grief you feel.

Please know you will both be in my prayers. And your angels will be in my heart.
Sincerely,
Alyson

Closed Thread