It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

mebeshea HB User
does my husband remember me after he died

does my husband remember me after he died

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: does my husband remember me after he died

I'm sure he does.....his soul is not dead, just his body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
(female)

prtypink80 HB User

I'm sure he does because I know that my husband is waiting for me wherever he's at. like the previous person posted his body is dead but his soul is alive. Remember what we love is the person but what makes them is their soul.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
(female)

decolady10 HB User

My husband died 14 years ago and he has come to visit our family numerous times. The body is just a house for the soul. When someone dies, they move out of the body or house and go to live somewhere else. They are all around you and know what is going on. They even send messages and come in dreams. You should not worry, your husband is still alive and well, in a different realm. When your grief subsides, you will be able to open up and see these miracles.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
(female)

didi708 HB User

I read the other posts. And I so hope they are right. My husband died Aug 2 of a massive heart attack in the bed with me. It was a nightmare, but I loved him so. He would have never tried to frighten me or scare me. I ask daily " are you there".? I have not dreamed of him and I havent seen anything to make me know he is with me. I tell him in talking to him everyday to just hold my shoulder and get me thru this day and each day and night. I WANT to see something and know he is around me. It would make me feel better, if that doesnt sound crazy. I loved him and he loved me and we were so happy. He would want me to go on with life. I have had a lot of problems since his passing trying to get his estate straightened out. And still am working on insurance forms, etc. I think that it is so hard on a person to have to do all this when they are grieving. I never knew there was so much to do. I am living day to day. I have got to where I can go for hrs without crying and then boom, it is back. I am trying to learn to just live again. I do hope he lets me know somehow he is around. I look at our home and he is everywhere in it and that helps me alot. God Bless each of you. didi708

Old 10-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
(female)

didi708 HB User
Thumbs down Re: does my husband remember me after he died

I read the other posts. And I so hope they are right. My husband died Aug 2 of a massive heart attack in the bed with me in the middle of the night. It was a nightmare, but I loved him so. He would have never tried to frighten me or scare me. I ask daily " are you there".? I have not dreamed of him and I havent seen anything to make me know he is with me. I tell him in talking to him everyday to just hold my shoulder and get me thru this day and each day and night. I WANT to see something and know he is around me. It would make me feel better, if that doesnt sound crazy. I loved him and he loved me and we were so happy. He would want me to go on with life. I have had a lot of problems since his passing trying to get his estate straightened out. And still am working on insurance forms, etc. I think that it is so hard on a person to have to do all this when they are grieving. I never knew there was so much to do. I am living day to day. I have got to where I can go for hrs without crying and then boom, it is back. I am trying to learn to just live again. I do hope he lets me know somehow he is around. I look at our home and he is everywhere in it and that helps me alot. God Bless each of you. didi708

Old 10-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User

Didi
I too wondered if my wonderful husband remembers me or misses me and the kids. I'm still amazed that when God sent the angels, that he actually chose to leave me and them since he was unbelieveably close to the two kids.

From my father's death, I was able to communicate with him. My mother and sister are envious because they claim they can't. I always have my dad in the same view but he comes across very clearly. Here is what he shared with me about heaven:

1) When you are up in heaven, you can never serve as the guardian angel of your immediate family -- it causes too much conflict.

You are allowed to chose what age you want to be and look your best at. And you stay that way.

You are healthy and whole. If you were missing a limb, you're not in heaven, etc. If you are blind, you can see/deaf, you can now hear. , etc.

2) Since you have family on both sides, in this case my Dad's mother's side as well as the father's side, God doesn't let you have a feeling of 'family' connections. You know that you knew the person in your earthy life but you don't have to fight over which side you are going to spend the holidays with.
Everyone just lives together in peace.

3) When you enter heaven, after an adjustment period and orientation, you are assigned the children at their birth as their guardian angels, then you are busy.

While I can communicate with my father most times I desire, my husband is a different story. He loved so much the 50s and 60s doo wopp music, he is spending so much time listening to it up in heaven and going to the greatest of concerts God gives, he ignores coming to me until I get mad.

Read the book 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Porter. Its a wonderful account from someone who went there but was allowed to come back to live the rest of his life sharing his experience with others.

He did love you. You sound like you had a marriage similar to mind. Equal Parternship in every aspect. Lots of laughter and love, music and joy abounded in our house. My kids are doing well and I know he's so very proud of them.

Take Care, he did love you and he does think of you. When you are ready and not until then, he'll let his presence be known.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:47 AM   #8
(female)

didi708 HB User

Thank for responding to me. It explains things some better to me. I have really had a bad week. Why? I can not tell you. Maybe the holidays coming or maybe just a bad week. A saddness that is almost overwhelming. I am praying and I know that God will be with me.
Again, thank you for your kind words. Your were right when you said we were close, we were so close and maybe that is what is making it so bad. But I was a lucky lucky lady for 15 years. I had the best. !!!
May God bless you and your family. didi708

Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
(female)

TopamaxKillsMe HB User

Thank you. I so needed to read that tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decolady10 View Post
My husband died 14 years ago and he has come to visit our family numerous times. The body is just a house for the soul. When someone dies, they move out of the body or house and go to live somewhere else. They are all around you and know what is going on. They even send messages and come in dreams. You should not worry, your husband is still alive and well, in a different realm. When your grief subsides, you will be able to open up and see these miracles.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:48 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User

Didi
Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I think about you often. Your loss is so similar to mine. You lost your husband while in bed sleeping, I lost mine while he sat in a recliner not more than 1 foot away from the couch I was taking a God-enduced nap while he was on the phone with our son.

He was so ill leading up to this, we were on a 2-year roller coaster with health related issues due to obesity I loved him so. I still do. Its been 3 years and 7 months and I don't know if it'll get easier. God did send me someone who apparently loves me but I am finding that hard to accept. He is so opposite, quiet, contemplative, introverted. Totally opposite of who I surround myself with.

What helps me is that I write to my Mikey when I need to. This may be everyday for a few days and then not again for awhile. He was a great Dad, wonderful, and full of laughter. I wish I could share my whole life history to everyone on how my meeting and marriage was devined by God. Too many things just 'clicked'. I didn't have to work at my love for that man, it was just there as I'm sure yours was.

While I'm not sure how new your grief is, you had 15 years, I had 22.
May God bless all of us who were left behind. Remember the info my Dad shared about heaven and get yourself the book 90 Miniutes in Heaven. Enjoy these periods with family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless everyone they left behind

Diane

Closed Thread