It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 02:20 AM   #1
(female)

KazeShirogane HB User
Helping a friend

My friend has lost her grandmother recently and I'm worried she could be spiralling into depression because of her greif.

She was really close to her grandmother and she's Canadian and her family moved to Australia nine years or so again, but the grandmother stayed behind. So as she died in Canada, my friend can't go to the funeral either.

She's been acting very diffently recently too. She's constantly writing this huge ranting list of her thoughts about her grandmother i think and she's become extremely possessive of the notebook she's been writing it in even though she normally lets us read practically everything she writes (Although it can be reasonable considering it's her personal thoughts and emotions rather than just usual creative writing and all.)

She also only took one day off school the day after it happened which seems strange because you would expect with a close relationship like they had you would take longer.

What disturbs me the most is this one quote I remembered from a glance over her notebook that read "Is it so bad being hollow?"
It may also be a quote from the Manga series, BLEACH but seeing that in a notebook of other semi-dark thoughts.. It worries me...

I understand that I might be acting just a little paranoid because I've never experienced a greiving friend before and am just jumping to conclusions.. but I really want to make sure this doesn't spiral into something worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User
Re: Helping a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazeShirogane View Post
My friend has lost her grandmother recently and I'm worried she could be spiralling into depression because of her greif.

She was really close to her grandmother and she's Canadian and her family moved to Australia nine years or so again, but the grandmother stayed behind. So as she died in Canada, my friend can't go to the funeral either.

She's been acting very diffently recently too. She's constantly writing this huge ranting list of her thoughts about her grandmother i think and she's become extremely possessive of the notebook she's been writing it in even though she normally lets us read practically everything she writes (Although it can be reasonable considering it's her personal thoughts and emotions rather than just usual creative writing and all.)

She also only took one day off school the day after it happened which seems strange because you would expect with a close relationship like they had you would take longer.

What disturbs me the most is this one quote I remembered from a glance over her notebook that read "Is it so bad being hollow?"
It may also be a quote from the Manga series, BLEACH but seeing that in a notebook of other semi-dark thoughts.. It worries me...

I understand that I might be acting just a little paranoid because I've never experienced a greiving friend before and am just jumping to conclusions.. but I really want to make sure this doesn't spiral into something worse.
just be her friend. she is grieving her loss. how old is she. we just last Nov. lost my hubby of 40 years. my daugher which was 27. couldnt handle it after 6 months. she cried all the time. because her dad was her best friend. but she realize it and put her self in a hospital. keep a good bond with your friend. take care disney world

Closed Thread