It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
(female)

annette45 HB User
my husband has been dead 20 years and I still miss him will ever ease

my husband of 7 years was murdered 20 years ago this year he left me with two small daughter and his family cut off all contact with us my family didnt know him we had lived in a different state so I had no one to talk to. But I find with this anniversery coming up I really need someone to talk with. My daughters dont remember him so talking to them is out they really dont understand why I still grieve over him I remarried and he left me after 2and half
years saying he couldnt compete with a ghost

Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
(female)

GreenSoCal HB User
Re: my husband has been dead 20 years and I still miss him will ever ease

When someone is murdered they say it becomes "complicated grief" which can take longer to accept. I think it's natural for you to still be upset. It's a shame your 2nd husband couldn't deal with your feelings. Have you gone to a grief group? I'm going to one and they can sometimes help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSoCal View Post
When someone is murdered they say it becomes "complicated grief" which can take longer to accept. I think it's natural for you to still be upset. It's a shame your 2nd husband couldn't deal with your feelings. Have you gone to a grief group? I'm going to one and they can sometimes help.
so sorry. i lost my only son 10 years ago this year through sucidide. have no answers and Im still hurting. and in Nov I lost my husband of 40 years. i will listen to you. i know how it is. people forgets and moves on while we still have it. but you have to move on and get a life for yourself. sorry about your husband. but 8 years after my son. an old girlfriend call and said she just couldnt get Wally out of her mind. I ask if she had talked to her husband and she said no . he wouldnt understand. i told her it was bad enough to deal with a old boyfriend but harder for a dead one. please reach out to someone. i care disney world faye

Old 08-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney world View Post
so sorry. i lost my only son 10 years ago this year through sucidide. have no answers and Im still hurting. and in Nov I lost my husband of 40 years. i will listen to you. i know how it is. people forgets and moves on while we still have it. but you have to move on and get a life for yourself. sorry about your husband. but 8 years after my son. an old girlfriend call and said she just couldnt get Wally out of her mind. I ask if she had talked to her husband and she said no . he wouldnt understand. i told her it was bad enough to deal with a old boyfriend but harder for a dead one. please reach out to someone. i care disney world faye
checking on you. hope things are a little better for you. im here to listen. but maybe you have found someone face to face to talk too. hope so. take care disney world

Closed Thread