It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
(female)

angelmom808 HB User
Unhappy How much more....?

Every two years I've lost someone....Thanksgiving Day 2005 my husband had a sudden heartattack at age 41....two years later September 7, 2007 I lost a baby (stillborn-chord accident)...August 2, 2009 my mom died (Dementia) at age 65.....I don't know how much more I can take....

Old 09-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
Re: How much more....?

While in life's cycle there is sadness -- there is happiness in the fact that the person existed. You were lucky for the short years you had to have husband who loves you and cared for you, etc. Then apparently you found love again and while it resulted in the issue of a stillborn birth, you got to be held in someone's arms and be loved and can do so again in the future.

I too lost my Mom to dementia in February of this year and losing a parent is very hard. I lost my Dad in 1995.

In my case I lost 12 very close relatives in the first 10 years of marriage. Then lost father 7/1995, father-in-law 7/1996, husband in 4/2005 and lost mom in 2/2009. My husband was 48 years of age and we were married for 22 years.

So in the loss of people, I strive to have the happiness. I recently told my boyfriend that I've been seeing for two years; "look back not with regrets but ahead with anticipation". and I know its hard but I try to do it every single day.

CaringSister54

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
(female)

GreenSoCal HB User
Re: How much more....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom808 View Post
Every two years I've lost someone....Thanksgiving Day 2005 my husband had a sudden heartattack at age 41....two years later September 7, 2007 I lost a baby (stillborn-chord accident)...August 2, 2009 my mom died (Dementia) at age 65.....I don't know how much more I can take....
I know what you mean. I feel like I can't take anymore loss either, yet I know it's part of life and it will happen. It makes me really hate my life. I hope to find some strength to cope.

Your Mom's loss is so recent, it's hard right now. My Mom has been gone 10 weeks. Some days I feel like just getting out of bed is a struggle.

(((hugs)))

Closed Thread