It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
(female)

snickirlou HB User
Unhappy beside myself

It's been 6mos. since my husband of 16yrs. passed.I know in my heart that my pain of missing him will never go away.We did everything together, we worked together so it's even hard to be there because I still expect to see him walking down the hallways toward me to take our breaks together. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to go through in my entire life. We always wanted to die in each others arms of old age, it wasn't supposed to be this way. He died of a heart attack at 46yrs old. We were together 24/7. It feels like I'm dead inside, I don't enjoy anything any more. I go to a grief support group 1x a month but it doesn't help much. I force myself to do things but I'd rather be with him(but I don't believe in suicide), so I have to pray that it won't be long till I'm with him again.Been through Fathers day, our anniversary, my birthday, his birthday, and still have to go through the holidays. I can't take much more of this.I know his spirit is still with me, but I wish I could hear his voice, see his beautiful face, hug him, instead I hug his pillow and kiss his picture.I truely hate life now, it can't be over fast enough for me. I see my therapist 1x weekly, she's very understanding and she even knew us before Ron passed and liked him alot, it just hurts so much going home knowing he won't be there. I go to the cemetery because it's peaceful, I know it's just his body there and not his soul or spirit but I can at least talk to him without people thinking I'm crazy. I believe that only your body dies, but your soul still lives, you never really die you cross over to the other side. I have felt Ron with me and he's given me many signs that he's still with me and watches over our family. But like I said , I wish I could hold him and talk to him and hear his voice, at least that would make life a little easier to live till we're together again. Does anyone else feel this way? I know alot of people don't believe in the after life and that's okay for them, I don't mind as long as they don't judge me for my beliefs. I'm so sorry for anyone who has lost a loved one and has to be on this journey of an emotional rollercoaster. I hate this "new life," that's been thrust upon me. I can honestly say that I will live the rest of this life by myself because Ron was, is, and always will be the only one for me. The love we have for each other is enough for me to last until we're together again on the other side. I'd like to hear from others who are going through this, maybe we can help each other, it's sad we have to be here but it's comforting to know we're not alone, that there are others going through the same things we are going through. Take care and peace to all. Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
(female)

leighsanders HB User
Re: beside myself

I can understand completely what you are going through. My husband of one year passed away on August 29, 2009. I have no desire to go on. I too, do not believe in suicide but I pray that I will have a heart attack and just go so that I can be with him. The bereavement classes help a very little. Life just doesn't seem worth living anymore. I miss his smell, his touch, his smile, his presense. I miss his zest for life. I don't know personally if I will ever make it through this. I hope that you can find peace someplace. Me, I can't.

Last edited by leighsanders; 10-07-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo

Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
(female)

snickirlou HB User

Hi leighsanders, I feel so much the same.I know I can't take much more of this day in day out misery. Ron is constantly on my mind. I can't stop thinking of him. I have sleeping pills but even when I take one I wake up 2 hours later and can't fall back to sleep. I still cry every day, I miss him more all the time. When I do go out to stores or with my sister or sons somewhere and I see couples I feel so cheated out of my future of us and I know our dreams are shattered until I'm with him again. I just keep praying GOD has mercy on me and lets me come home to be with him and Ron and the rest of our family that have passed over. I hate this life(if you want to call it that), I'm just existing. I'm so sorry for your loss. Alot of people don't understand the agony we're going through until they've gone through it, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I hope you keep posting, you can take a little comfort in knowing you're not alone in how you're feeling. I go through so many different emotions all the time and others have told me it's normal and if this is normal then I'll be "normal" the rest of my days because without Ron physically by my side I see no joy in my future. I pray we both find the peace we so desperately want. Sending hope and love from one lost friend to another.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
(female)

leighsanders HB User

Thanks Snick. I sit at work and wonder why I am even doing this. I have no desire. Like you, everyone tells me what I am feeling is normal. If this is normal I don't want anything to do with it. I waited 43 years to meet my Mark and to have him for the short period of time that I had him seems like a cruel joke. I met him in November of 07, moved in with him January of 08, Married him July, 08 and lost him August, 09. Where is the fairness in that? I have a son. He is 17. He grieves with me but certainly not in the same way. He is so young. He can't completely understand why I am so sad. He tells me Mark would want me to move on. Well Mark isn't here with me anymore. Mark left. I am trying to move on the best that I can. I am questioning my faith, I am questioning if there is a God, I am questioning if there is Heaven. If there is why have I not gotten any signs that my husband is ok. It is like he is just gone, never existed. How can I possibly go on. I am so sure you can appreciate what I am thinking and feeling.

You are in my thoughts.

Last edited by leighsanders; 10-08-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Typo

Old 10-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
(female)

snickirlou HB User

I do know exactly how you're feeling. I've been sick with the flu this week so I've been off work, but you know what, I,d rather be sick and at home than to be there at a place I hate being at anymore. Ron always made being at work bearable just because he was with me and we could laugh about the things going on and the people there. Now my co-workers almost go out of their way to avoid me because they don't know what to say or they're afraid they might make me cry. But I'd cry no matter if they talk to me or not. I don't even care if my work is up to my standards or not(I used to be very picky if things weren't just right), but it doesn't matter any more. I guess you might say I'm a spiritualist as far as beliefs. I know they say GOD calls our loved ones home when they've learned the lessons they were brought here to learn, but I am angry, and hurt to think that I was left behind to deal with all of these feelings and I don't know how to handle it. I do feel like I'm losing my mind. And I've been told to keep busy but take time to feel all the emotions because it's part of grieving, what the h-ll does that mean? On one hand keep so busy your head spins and on the other hand cry,be angry, feel guilty, blame GOD or yourself or other people for what happened,and get yourself sick from all these feelings! I just wish it would all stop and I could be done with this life cause it's just too much to deal with and definetly not worth living for. You're right, I question everything too anymore. I know my kids(2 from a previous marriage&2 from Rons previous marriage), don't really understand either. They grieve in their own way but nothing like you or I are going through. They don't know what it's like until they've lost someone they've given their heart and everything to and I hope that's not for a long time for them but I do wish they could understand a little better because it gets so frustrating at times. I know I don't even have to ask you about how hard it is when you have to try to keep from crying when talking to someone in a public place when they ask how you're doing. I can't do it any more, now I tell them the truth and I cry if I have to, I don't even care if they didn't really want to hear the truth, they shouldn't have asked. See, I've even been really irritable lately. And my therapist says it's going to get worse(as if I couldn't figure that one out for myself, because of the holidays coming). At least when I'm talking to her I can say anything I want or cry or yell and she does understand but even she's never lost a spouse or partner. She did lose her Father some years ago but not quite the same, not that that 's not a great loss, but it's different. Ron was THE ONE,he was my 2nd & last chance for love and happiness and it was the greatest,(not perfect of course,but what relationship is), but we loved each other unconditionally and put each other 1st which is what I didn't have in my 1st marriage. He rescued me and helped me believe in love again. And now it's all been taken away. I've been told I'm still young & it could happen again(that's a stupid & inconsiderate thing to say to someone who just lost the love of their life). Plus everyone who really knows me(an I'm sure you feel the same way), knows I'll never remarry or even consider dating again, EVER! Sorry for rambling, it's just nice to have someone who understands and really cares. Just a little about me, I'm 52yrs., I live in Erie,PA. MY first name is Linda, but feel free to keep calling me snick, I actually like it better, like I said before I have 4 kids(2 mine -2 Rons), all grown and on their own, 2 grandkids and 1 on the way(don't feel like a granny, don't see them often, they live in Virginia). I'm thinking of getting out of town for the holidays for a week, need to decide soon before ticket prices go up. You know they've said there are real cases of people dying from broken hearts, I can believe that cause my heart has been crushed beyond repair and I have alot of heart problems on my moms side of the family, including my sibblings and myself so I can only pray it won't be long for me. Sending a BIG HUG and hope both our prayers are answered soon. Snick

Old 10-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
(female)

leighsanders HB User

I actually really hate when people say "you are young and attractive someone else will come along". I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE. I want my husband back. I have to tell you one thing that you mentioned in your previous response was that you hope your time here is short....I feel the same way sometimes. Although, wouldn't you miss your children? Is it unfair for us to feel that way when we have others that care for us and love us? I don't know. As appealing as it seems to not be here anymore and not have to feel this pain, I think I would miss out on a lot of the life my son has to offer. I would never do anything to hurt him. I just know that the HURT that I feel right now is unbearable. Has anyone said to you that you will get a sign from your loved one? This is another thing that really upsets me. I have not felt ANYTHING. I pray, I beg and nothing happens. Is it supposed too? Who knows...I just think I would find some comfort in knowing that he is ok. The Holiday's are going to be really bad. I can't even imagine how I will handle those. I hope that today brings you a little bit of relief from the pain you are feeling and know that I am thinking of you.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
(female)

snickirlou HB User

Hi leigh, sorry it took so long to get back to you. To answer your ? about missing my kids, they are so busy worrying about how to spend the life insurance money my Ron left for me to live on, they've never really been close to me . Pretty sad isn't it? And the sad thing is that I have to make it last till I retire, if I make to there, plus I had to pay some hefty bills we had built up so there's not alot left, but they don't seem to care. Truely, I wouldn't really be missed much because all 4 kids would inherit my life insurance then they might remember me. They were never big on remebering my birthday or mothers day, they usually didn't have any money for a card or if they did they weren't thinking of me. Not trying to give you a sob story just letting you know how it is with my family. My niece might miss me a little, but even she thinks I'm made of money, I wish I were. You see, I come from a family that never had much money but my mom made sure she knew we were loved. But when she died everyone went their own ways and we became distant except when there was a death in the family or someone was in the hospital. Since my oldest brother died in 2006 my sister and I have gotten a little closer but usually only see her 1x a month for breakfast. My kids got this way because of my 1st husband and I divorcing. He was mentally and physically abusive to me, I took it for 14 1/2 yrs. and finally had enough. I met Ron when I changed jobs just over 16 yrs ago, we hit it off right away and started seeing each other on his birthday in Sept., in Dec. he asked me to marry him and the following June we married, and were together 24/7 ever since. My kids picked up some bad habits from my ex and got in some trouble and their attitudes are not the most caring. They've gotten a little better, but still have a long way to go. But I've gotten so used to being forgotten about that that's why I'd rather be with Ron if I could. He always made me feel loved no matter what. I'm sure you and your son are much different than my situation and I can understand why you would feel the way you do about not wanting to leave him behind. It sounds like you have a good and close relationship with him, you're very blessed . But please don't feel sorry for me, I'll be fine, besides, I'm stuck here till it's my time to go, so I'll deal with things as they come and not worry about tomorrow. I pray your days get brighter. snick

Last edited by snickirlou; 10-13-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Closed Thread