It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

CowsMoo518 HB User
Mom died yesterday

My mom committed suicide yesterday. She suffered from bipolar disorder for, essentially, her entire adult life. She was 49. I am 17. I don't know what to do. I miss her so much. I understand mental illness, and I can fathom why it happened, but what do I do now? I feel bad for the way I treated her. And I feel bad for the terms we left off on and I just don't know what to do. I don't know when I should go back to school or anything. Please some kind words? (Also, please don't tell me bad things about her or suicide, that's not what I'm looking for, I love her very much regardless, thanks.)

Old 11-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
(female)

Karen4you HB User
Re: Mom died yesterday

I am so sorry about your Mom. My heart breaks for you having to go through this at such a young age. By reading your post I can tell how much you loved your Mom and your Mom knew how much you loved her.
Hopefully you have other family members nearby that can help you decide when to go back to school and to just give you lots of hugs. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
(male)

dragonspine HB User

HI,I am very sorry for your loss,my name is larry and I suffer from bipolar,depression,and ADD.and I do believe your mo is in heaven smiling down on you and thinking what a wonderful daughter I have,and remember just because she took her own life does'nt mean she did'nt love you,and it was not by far your fault,bipolar is the blame,it is hard to control even with medication,I have thought of the same thing and try not to think that way but if I didnt have meds to keep it under control its untelling where I would be today,I want you to know that your mom knows how much you love her and she loves you,but you know that your mom would love for you to stay in school and I know how hard it is going to be but try to move on with your life and be successful,thats the reason she brought you into this world and she knew that you would be strong enough to do so.wish there was something I could do so sorry,and if you just need someone to talk to I am a good listener or any questions,It will get better every day you live on I promise.BYE

Old 12-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Do you have other family members you can turn to?

Closed Thread