It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

dlk0254 HB User
My son committed suicide 2 days ago

My beautiful 39 year old son hung himself in my sister's barn. I don't know how to comprehend this. I don't know how to go on.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
(female)

grandma2o2girls HB User
Re: My son committed suicide 2 days ago

DLK, I am so very sorry. That is horrible. May I ask what may have caused him to do this? It is sad when someone takes their own life cause it leaves people with so many questions. Please take it easy, you are in shock right now. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Again my sincere sympathy to you and your family.
Darlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

dlk0254 HB User

Thank you for caring. I can't understand why he did this. He was making Christmas presents in my sister's barn-sculpting art pieces out of metal. He rented a room from my sister. He had a wood stove out in the barn where he liked to spend time working on his projects. The next morning my sister noticed the door to his room was open (which was unusual) but she didn't think too much of it because sometimes he would fall asleep in the barn. So she went to work. When she came home for lunch, he had still not been in the house so she went to the barn to see what he was doing and found him there dead. None of his friends, nobody, can understand why he would do this.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Dearest dlk

I have no words of wisdom for you, only words of deepest sympathy. I am so very sorry for the terrible pain that must be in you. There can be no greater loss than that of our child. I know that the Lord has a soft, soft bed in His house for your son.

Arms around you, mom to mom.
reach

Old 12-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
(female)

lonelygurl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk0254 View Post
My beautiful 39 year old son hung himself in my sister's barn. I don't know how to comprehend this. I don't know how to go on.
I am so sorry for your loss. How very sad and confusing.

Thinking of you and your family with deepest sympathy and sending thoughts of peace and courage.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
(female)

dcote1 HB User

After reading your post, I don't even know what to write, except that I hope you find each day just a little tiny bit easier than the last one. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. I have a son and two daughters. My heart goes out to you and your family. If you are religious, may God bless you and keep you. With my heartfelt sympathy and thoughts for you and your family.
-D

Old 12-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
(female)

photomoto HB User

I'm so very sorry for your loss. will be praying for you, How your poor heart must be aching. Love to you and your family

Old 12-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #8
(male)

Searfass HB User

DLK, I am so sorry for your unexpected loss. Don't let anyone tell you that your son was selfish or any other nonsense for doing what he did, that only tarnishes his memory. He must've had a good reason for doing it, did he have any sons or daughters? Any illnesses? Once again my condolences.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
(female)

GreenSoCal HB User

I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. I hope you are able to find people who can support you through this. Don't try to go through it on your own. I have known people in your shoes and they do eventually heal, of course not completely, but they are able to focus on the good memories. There are reasons for things that none of us understand for many years, even decades, sometimes we never fully understand something. But we learn to accept it. The most important thing is to not question your role as a Mother. You did a great job raising your son, regardless of what he ended up doing. He was a grown man and made his choice. No one in his life might ever understand it but eventually people will accept it and learn to cope.

I'm so sorry you are in this pain and my heart goes out to you. There are millions of people who are experiencing what you are feeling. I hope you can find a way to connect with them because they will help you more than you would believe. I'm sending all my love your way.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
(male)

Meatloaf1981 HB User

I am so sorry for your loss.... I have no idea what it's like to be in your shoes... I wish I could give you a big hug that lasts a long time right now.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User

I am so terribly sorry. There is nothing worse than a mother losing a child.
God bless you on your journey.

Sue

Old 09-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User

It is sad and I am so sorry. My aunt who had 16 kids, yes 16, had two children do this in 2 yrs after bad marriages. She had her grandchildren and other children and it did change her to be sure. Take your sadness and grief and remember the signs you saw and try to help others not do the same thing. turn your grief into caring for others. my heart goes out to you. and anyone here who has endured this.

Closed Thread