It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

fleasha HB User
so confused

I am going through a tough time in my life and I just cannot seem to find an answer that I feel content with. In September my father died of lung cancer. It took him quick and even though we expected it, it was all too sudden. He was thirty-nine years old. Him and my mother met when he was sixteen, my mom fourteen. I was born the next year. They were together for twenty-three years. Watching my dad fade away was really devastating to my mom. We lost her father, my beloved grandpa, three years before to the same thing and we knew how it all worked. My sister, sixteen, and my brother, eighteen, were broken. It was the hardest thing ever to bury my dad. But that is not my problem. I am troubled with the fact that it has only been four months and my mom already has a boyfriend. He was one of my dads closest friends. I am really hurt by this. But I seem to be the only one. I want her to be happy but I don't feel like she cares anymore about what I have to say or think. We used to be close but now we don't talk much and when we do I don't know what to say. She has been acting so childish lately. I just lost my dad, now I feel like my mom is gone too.. Any thoughts??

Closed Thread