It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
(male)

Loved and Lost HB User
I got a letter from my wife after she passed

My wife passed after a long fight with bone marrow cancer last fall. We had been together for over 30 years so the past six months have been very difficult for me. I was dreading the holidays since they were to the be the first without her. A couple of days before Christmas, I had to sign for a certified letter. It was a Christmas card from my wife wishing me a Merry Christmas! She knew that her days were numbered and contacted a company to forward on her letter to me at Christmas time. It was a real neat surprise and really helped me get through Christmas. I guess I just wanted to share this to other folks on the board that are grieving as well.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-09-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: I got a letter from my wife after she passed

How wonderful for you. Your wife must have been a very thoughtful and giving person to have arranged a note of inspiration at such a trying time for you. I know you are blessed with many fond memories of her. Take care of yourself. It does get easier as time goes on.

Last edited by goldyfm; 01-18-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
(female)

nissidawg HB User

What a wonderful idea, and such a thoughtful wife. I'm so sorry for your loss, and pray you will find comfort.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
(female)

mari helen HB User

I am sorry for your loss, I too lost my husband this last March. I was not looking forward to Christmas either. I had read of a great thing though, a personal Christmas tree. So, I let all friends and family know I wanted small articles to put on HIS tree. They had to be things that meant something to them when they thought of him. We even got a hot dog ornament. His neice heard that I told him he could not buy any more packages of hot dogs until he ate the 32 packages that we had in the freezer
(He bought some every time he went to the store for me) So she found a hot dog ornament. By the time everyone sent stuff his whole personality was on the tree. We will put it up again next year and can remember memories of him once again and laugh and maybe even cry a little but it sure helped this first Christmas. God bless and keep you

Old 07-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
(male)

Meatloaf1981 HB User

My girlfriend and future fiance was killed in a car accident two weeks ago but on Wednesday a long love letter from her popped onto my phone from her number (2 weeks after she had actually sent it). She had written it the day before she died but it was such a blessing and answer to prayer to hear from her once more. I believe it was God showing me she still loved me and that she is ok now. I know how you feel.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:49 AM   #6
(male)

sudsspirit HB User

What a wonderful treasure to have..so glad that she did this for you. I lost my wife almost five years ago in a vehicle accident and was able to save some emails she wrote as well as her voice from an answering machine. It is those things that will allow us to remember and love them all over again.

Thank you for sharing..

Dom

Closed Thread