It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

claire12345 HB User
Unhappy I miss my mum so much

I am 19 and my mum died a month ago to melanoma cancer in most of her body and brain, she was ill for a year and although her and my dad were seperated we both cared for her throughout. I grieved a lot during that year but was so hard because we were constantly saying goodbye. now she's gone there is so much I just want to say one more time. I have never been away from her for this long i dont want to accept it i just want her to come home. I am an only child and I do not speak to her family, i love my dad but I keep worrying that something horrible will happen to him and im scared i will lose him too. I feel so guilty and I dont know why? I have to move out of the house because I cant afford to live here now and I dont want to leave my memories of her here behind. Everyone says it but she really was my best friend it seems to be getting harder not easier, i want her to be at my wedding and see me have children i dont know how I can ever enjoy those things in life without her. Im so confused to why she had to go and I just want my mommy back.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hangin in There HB User
Re: I miss my mum so much

I'm old enough to be YOUR mother and I lost my mother last year and my father when I was 19. It's not easy at any age. I know what you're going through. I'm sorry....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
(female)

ACurious1 HB User

I sympathize with what you are going through. I lost my mother 8 months ago. It was sudden. I am older than you, but other than that the words you wrote could have been written by me. Please forgive me, I don't mean to lessen your personal feelings one bit. I just hope to show that, yes, it is difficult for everyone, regardless--truly, regardless-- of our age, how our mother's past, or what was said and not yet said.

But why? Because our mother's cherished and nurtured us and gave us so so much happiness. I have today a wallpaper on my laptop that reads, Mum Rocks! (www.hoopsandyoyo.co.uk) I put it there to remind me to celebrate her life, and recall my smiles that were made by her! This I do to help me ease my pain.

Take heart!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
(female)

claire12345 HB User

Thanks for your message, I didn't mean to put my age to come across like i'm the youngest person this has happened too...just to say really. I know everyone goes through losing a parent but it's helpful to hear that others can relate to my exact feelings.

Take care xxx

Old 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
(female)

RiAnne HB User

I lost my mom 2 months ago. I have not not gotten married nor had any children. It is terrible knowing that if those things so happen my mom will not be here to experience them with me. I am worried about something happening to my dad as well. His eating habits are so unhealthy since she died; they were married 31 years. The thoughts of our last phone conversation (we lived in different states) rings in my head. We talked for a few minutes, I told her I'd talk to her tomorrow (we used to talk on the phone every day), she said "Bye, baby." and that was it. I'm not close to any other family. She was my best friend. I'm not sure why God chose to allow this; I guess I never will know. She was only 62 years old.

Closed Thread