It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

arsens momma HB User
Unhappy advice??

today is my grandmothers 80th birthday.. she is not here with us anymore we lost her in nov 09. it came so sudden and i didnt know how to take it still at times i dont.. she raised me since i was three because my mother had past away we were very close we did have our ups and downs and i hit the teenage years.. i got pregnant at 17 so i moved out soon after that she started getting sick i went and helpd out as much as i could my uncle who took care of her decided to put her in a nursing home that that was the best thing for her at the time..she started suffering from Alzheimer's Disease i went over there as much as i could after having my son it got a lot harder to just get up and go and i didnt drive my husband did so it had to be a day that he had off and was free.. after her passing i just felt alot of guilt like i could have done more i know i did alot but still at times i feel like i could do more.. i dont know how to handle this.. times im sad ddont want to be bothered and times im angry and my husband is noticing it.. i wrote a letter the other day with everything on it that i felt guilty for with her and i ripped it up and threw it away and i said let by gones be bygones and i forgave my self for it and decided to move forward,, i need to move forward cuz its getting between me and my husbands realtionship,, any advice?? please

Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: advice??

I think the best thing you can do is live well. Your grandma knows and knew how much you love her. She understood you came whenever you could, and I'm sure she never felt like you should have done more. You have a family and a child and these things are important too. It's easy to tell someone how to feel, but it's a completely different thing to be that person and figure out how to do it. I hope you can get to that place that says, the greatest tribute I can pay to my grandmother is to live well, do the best I can, and hold my head high. When you get to that point, you'll know she's proud.
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread