It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
(female)

Marty444 HB User
My husband lost his battle with lung cancer today

In just four short months my husband lost his battle with lung cancer. He died at 11:44 AM March 28, 2010.

Besides myself, he leaves behind our sons Joe and Tony (ages 24 and 21) and our daughter JudyAnne (age 28) and her husband Michael and our grandchildren Tim (age 9) EmilyAnn (age 6) and Ryan (age 4)

Rest in peace my darling.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User
Re: My husband lost his battle with lung cancer today

Marty444 I am so sorry for your loss. I will add you and your family to my prayers. May God grant you all an extra measure of grace and comfort in the days ahead.
Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
(female)

Janaly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty444 View Post
In just four short months my husband lost his battle with lung cancer. He died at 11:44 AM March 28, 2010.

Besides myself, he leaves behind our sons Joe and Tony (ages 24 and 21) and our daughter JudyAnne (age 28) and her husband Michael and our grandchildren Tim (age 9) EmilyAnn (age 6) and Ryan (age 4)

Dear Marty,

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing your husband and father of your
children has to be extremely difficult. Gosh my heart goes out to you
and your family. I don't have to know you personally to say that
my deepest sympathy is with you.

The battles of cancer....I work as a nursing assistant for the elderly
and at times end of life stages as well. The hardships and struggles
of cancer are immense.

It is so special that you post an "in memory" for your dear husband.

If you would like to share some memories or thoughts about your
husbands battle with cancer than I would like to read your post.
I will listen and read with an open and compassionate heart and ear.

Hugs to you Marty,

Warmly Janaly

Old 03-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I am so sorry for your loss. It was a very hard battle to fight and I am sorry you had to deal with all of that...it was good that he had you to be there to fight with him and I know it took all your strength and courage to do that for him. I hope you can eventually get some rest while you are grieving. Take care.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User

I am so very sorry about your loss. Please know that someone who you have never met is praying for you and your family--right this minute!

Old 04-29-2010, 04:24 AM   #6
(female)

dee605 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty444 View Post

How very sad, I lost my husband to lung cancer with secondaries on 31/12/2009, our sons 22nd birthday. We have 3 other grown up children and 8 grandchildren. I'm devastated, and still 4months on I can't see me getting any nearer to coming to terms with it. We were very much in love, and spent as much time together as we could in the months leading up to his death, now I'm so sad and lonely which isn't really like me as I've always been a happy laughing person. Do you fel like this or am I just wallowing, I need to speak to people in similar situations to see how they cope.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
(female)

Marty444 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee605 View Post
How very sad, I lost my husband to lung cancer with secondaries on 31/12/2009, our sons 22nd birthday. We have 3 other grown up children and 8 grandchildren. I'm devastated, and still 4months on I can't see me getting any nearer to coming to terms with it. We were very much in love, and spent as much time together as we could in the months leading up to his death, now I'm so sad and lonely which isn't really like me as I've always been a happy laughing person. Do you fel like this or am I just wallowing, I need to speak to people in similar situations to see how they cope.
I feel exactly the way you do, we lost the men we love so deeply to this horrid disease. It was one month for me on Wed, and I am still so lost. When I returned to work, the first thing I did on my first supper break, I picked up my cell and speed dialed his phone (which was in my purse) to call him and see how he is doing, Something I did everyday, even before he got sick, as I worked 2nd shift and he worked days, I just broke down when my purse vibrated from the phone call I just made.
My future like yours is so uncertain at this point, we are still trying to make sense out of this,
I feel he is with me at times, yet other times he is so far away, I can not feel his presence at all. This frightens me, but then again, my Christian belief tells me he is with Jesus and in a much better place and no longer suffering as we are.
We too spent sometime together, we found out the Monday before Thanksgiving (2009) he has cancer, and on the 23 of December we found out he had advanced stage 4 lung cancer with mets to the brain, spine and other areas, he had radiation, to no advail, and went on Hospice a month later, on March 7, I took "Family Medical Leave Act" and spent day and night with him for 3 short weeks before he died, on Palm Sunday, March 28. I am so grateful that I had that time, however short, for he knew how much I loved him and I know how much he loved me.
Although he did not die near any of our childrens birthdays, I know already these "holidays" Thanksgiving, Christmas, Palm Sunday and Easter will be very difficult for me and the kids. I am so sorry for your son that this happened on his birthday. My heart goes out to all of you, as it is also New Years Eve, when the rest of the world is celebrating, I realized it will be hard for you.

Last edited by Marty444; 04-29-2010 at 11:02 PM.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
(female)

grandma2o2girls HB User

Marty, may I ask you how long you and your husband were married? I was just curious. My husband I were married 38 years and he died 15 months ago.

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your children.
Darlene

Old 04-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
(female)

tinabean34 HB User

I just wanted to say I am so sorry for you and your family. It sounds like you were together for a long time and to lose him in four short months sounds so quick in comparison and not at all fair. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through so I am not going to pretend that I do. I want you to know that you are in my prayers and will continue to be. My heart breaks for you. The only thing that I hope is that if he was in any pain at all his suffering has now ended and he is released from that pain the cancer was causing him. It can be some comfort but for the ones left here to grieve it is of little comfort when you miss the person dearly.

If you are up to it please update us to let us know how you areholding up. Make sure to take care of yourself and ask for help from others if you need it.

May he be at peace and with you, beside you and in your heart.
Tina

Old 05-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Marty, I can so identify with you. I was so thankful that my children were young adults when they lost their dad. At least I felt comforted that they had received some of his wisdom and guidance into their adulthood. He has been gone 12 years now and the road has gotten easier with time, but you never get over the loss of someone who shared your life and love. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I do hope you will take good care of yourself.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
(female)

Marty444 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma2o2girls View Post
Marty, may I ask you how long you and your husband were married? I was just curious. My husband I were married 38 years and he died 15 months ago.

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your children.
Darlene
Thank you Darlene,so sorry about your loss to. My strong faith has helped me through this difficult time.
we just celebrated our 29 anniversary (Oct)right before he found out he had cancer, just 3 weeks after we had just came back from a wonderful 2nd honeymoon to Gatlinburg (TN), he "just didn't feel right" and after a series of tests we found out the worst news.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
(female)

Marty444 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabean34 View Post
I just wanted to say I am so sorry for you and your family. It sounds like you were together for a long time and to lose him in four short months sounds so quick in comparison and not at all fair. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through so I am not going to pretend that I do. I want you to know that you are in my prayers and will continue to be. My heart breaks for you. The only thing that I hope is that if he was in any pain at all his suffering has now ended and he is released from that pain the cancer was causing him. It can be some comfort but for the ones left here to grieve it is of little comfort when you miss the person dearly.

If you are up to it please update us to let us know how you areholding up. Make sure to take care of yourself and ask for help from others if you need it.

May he be at peace and with you, beside you and in your heart.
Tina
Thank you Tina.
I am taking it day by day, hour by hour. I returned to work, altough it helps somewhat, I know in my heart he is no longer suffering, but it can be hard for the mind to accept that at times.
Thank you again for your kindness and God Bless you.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
(female)

Marty444 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldyfm View Post
Marty, I can so identify with you. I was so thankful that my children were young adults when they lost their dad. At least I felt comforted that they had received some of his wisdom and guidance into their adulthood. He has been gone 12 years now and the road has gotten easier with time, but you never get over the loss of someone who shared your life and love. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I do hope you will take good care of yourself.
That is so true, golfyfm. Our children truly got to know their fathers and that was a blessing. It is very hard for all of them especially our daughter who has the added burden of dealing with curious questions from her children about their Papaw's death.
Thank you and God Bless you.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 AM   #14
(female)

dee605 HB User

Dear Marty, I can emphasise with you so much. My husband of 37 years died on 31/12/2009, it was our youngest sons 22nd birthday. He lost his 10 month battle with lung cancer after developing secondaries in his bones. I'm heartbroken and really don't feel as if I've moved forward at all, he fills my every waking moment. We were so happy, and shared everything. I sometimes feel I'm being punished for having such a happy life before this. I lost my wonderful mum in 2007 to cancer and my dad in2009, I can't believe all this has happened in such a short space of time. We have four children and eight grandchildren, who he loved dearly, and so do I, but without him life doesn't seem to have any meaning. I go to work, but it's just going through the motions, and on the outside I think pople think I'm coping very well, but I'm not. I do so want to feel like me again as I'm sure you do, but when does the healing begin. My thoughts are with you and I hope we both find some peace soon. Sincerely Deliaxx

Old 07-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #15
(female)

yaral HB User

I am so sorry for your loss, I know it must be very hard for you, and you have my prayers as well as my deepest sympathy. Let God be your strength. Lean on him, and remember time heals all wounds.

Closed Thread