It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

CiCi01 HB User
Returning After a year of losing my Dad

First let me say that my heart goes out to Everyone who has unfortunately loss a family member or friend. When this happens life just doesn't seem fair. It makes you want to scream or go 80mph on the highway late at night. Well, it's been a year since my extraordinary father passed on. I hate to say it but grief doesn't seem to get that much easier as time goes by. Really it matters how close you were to the person. From experience, his birthday was the hardest day of my life. I guess it's because that day was dedicated to him. You start to develop the "new norm" realizing that your loved one cannot come back. It's best to surround yourself with as many loved ones as possible because there will be days that you just feel extremely depressed. Certain events or items that your loved one liked might trigger the feeling of anger and saddness. It's a confusing time but your family and friends that care can feel in that void just a little. Please get in a grief group! That's one mistake that I made. I didn't get in one right away.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User
Re: Returning After a year of losing my Dad

It's been 8 years since I lost my dad. The first year was hard, and seeing a LCSW helped me greatly. The pain does lessen with time, but his birthday and Father's Day are tough.

My life has been in turmoil the past 3 months, and there hasn't been a day that I haven't wished that I could sit down and talk to him for just an hour.

wb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread