It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
(male)

markymark61 HB User
i lost my mum

I lost my mum whilst she was in hospital awaiting a eye op when she contracted the noro virus on the ward this caused her organs to fail and her heart to fail she was diabetic and had kidney diseaes i am devasted as the hospital did not ring me till the end and its left me with a vision of her laid in a bed in pain wondering where her so was and she died alone ill never get chance to say by to my mum any advice ???

Old 05-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

Vintage Wine HB User
Re: i lost my mum

I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you. I lost my mother several years ago.

*hugs and prayers*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

polina HB Userpolina HB User

I am so sorry for your loss.

My mom passed away in the hospital by herself as well. We had all been with her hours before and were palnning to go back in to see her again as we always did but she passed early that morning before we got there. I often wonder how she must of felt alone just before she passed.
I have to go on the fact that she knew we all loved her very much and that she quietly slipped away that morning knowing that. I hope you can draw from some good memories and thoughts of your mom to remember her by.

pauline

Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
(female)

eowynn HB User

I understand how you feel. My father who was 85 just died a week and a half ago and I was working so hard to get him well enough to come home. We ended up having to transfer him to a long term care facility from the hospital and he passed in just over 24 hours of being there. I was always my hope that he would be able to die at home or at least surrounded by his loved ones but that wasn't to be. I take comfort in the fact that a nurse was with him when he passed and held his hand until he took his last breath. It happened so quickly that they weren't able to call us prior to his leaving. I still grieve over the fact that his loved ones weren't there but some people don't want to put their families through that. And as polina said, I take comfort in knowing that my father KNEW how much he was loved. I had just visited him that day and told him "I love you, see you tomorrow" before I left. I hope you can take comfort in that with your mom....Hang in there and I hope things are a little better now.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
(female)

coggles HB User

Not sure if what I have to say will be accepted, but I need to say it anyway.

I have spent many, many years (I'm now 61) studying and researching near death experiences and life after death, and although I began reasonably sceptically, I can now say without ANY doubt ....

Markymark, your Mum KNOWS!

She knows you care about her, she knows you would have been there if you could have, and she hasn't left you. She's well and happy, and you can still talk to her - she hears you. She visits you in your dreams - which is often the only way those who have crossed to the other side of the veil can contact us - but most of the time our minds are too busy to listen. When we're asleep we're open to visits and chats from loved ones we can no longer see in the physical. Then we wake up and think it was just a dream.

Closed Thread