It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
(female)

Vanessa 44 HB User
Death of a Son

I can not get over the death of my son, he was 20 and died with his best friend in a car accident. During the last few months he did so many strange things, two week before he went to church to be reborn, 6 months before we went from South Africa to the UK where he only wanted to spend time with his Grandparents, and not party with his sister and cousins. I am so confused did he know something we all did not?? It will be his 21st soon and I am so unsure what to with his ashes. Has any one out there been in a simular position as I would love hear you views as I am still completelu devestated and .st

The following user gives a hug of support to Vanessa 44:
SHARON1952 (07-02-2011)
Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User
Re: Death of a Son

I hope so one can help you. I just felt sad for you and wanted to say to you that I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I little brother died when he turned 19 and it has been 17 years since his death and I still sit and cry for him. I still think of him all the time, I named my daughter after him. A part of my mother died that day, she has never been the same. Some people can cope better than other's but it seems that our family really couldn't. I hope you can find the strength to push though. I don't believe in fate or destiny. I didn't believe in God after that for along time, I was so mad. I am finally at peace with all of that but I am forever changed. I loved him very much and sometimes still feel like it just happened. Well, I am just rambling now. Good luck and take care.

The following user gives a hug of support to luvmakeup1000:
SHARON1952 (07-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

pebbles1962 HB User

My son died in a car accident in 2007 and it still hurts. He just turned 21yrs old.He had also just turned his life around for the better.I now can only pray that he went to Heaven.I`m so sorry for your loss,just be happy that your son gave his life to God before this happened and that one day you will see him again,FOREVER AND EVER!!!! may God bless you and your family.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User

Thank you and you too.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
(male)

rajanvenkat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa 44 View Post
I can not get over the death of my son, he was 20 and died with his best friend in a car accident. During the last few months he did so many strange things, two week before he went to church to be reborn, 6 months before we went from South Africa to the UK where he only wanted to spend time with his Grandparents, and not party with his sister and cousins. I am so confused did he know something we all did not?? It will be his 21st soon and I am so unsure what to with his ashes. Has any one out there been in a simular position as I would love hear you views as I am still completelu devestated and .st
I am extremely sorry for this. I am experiencing the same problem and so I know the impact of grief and depression. I lost my 29 year old brilliant son in a car accident. the car was driven by his friend who is alive now. He also did strange things before the accident like disposing clothes for orphanage attending temples etc. Even after one and a half year I ( father ) could not reconcile this loss and his mother is yet to come out of the shock.

You have to shift your attention to some other things like pursuing your old hobbies, attending spiritual meetings etc.

You may dissolve the ash in a running river - preferably a place where he would have visited and liked.
We have to learn that nothing is in our control and also inspite of any loss we need to live as our end is also not in our hands.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
(female)

lgm1015 HB User

I just recently lost my youngest son at age 29. My oldest son died 15 years ago, so both my children are gone.
Nothing is quite as devastating as a loss of a child whether they are 5 or whether they are 30. I am grateful for the good memories I have, and that I was close with each of them.
When my heart starts to ache I try and go to a good memory right at that point. That seems to work for me a lot. Sometimes you just have to cry and live through the grief. It eventually gets easier, but you will always be sad for your loss.
Good luck. I hope maybe you can recall good memories and it will give you a little peace!

Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User

so sorry for your loss words cant say enough i lost my son to weeks ago just never woke up im devistated i just sit and feel numb cant beleave it im sitting by myself right now and cant even cry any more just feel i cant go on without him but i have other kids and my son loved us all so much i know he wouldnt want us to be like this im married 42 years and for the first time seen my husband cry its so hard to help the others when your hurting so much yourself i dont even know why my son died but i know i have to find out plz take care x

Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
(female)

roses20 HB User

First let me say how sorry I am that you have to go through this nightmare.
Your post caught my eye as I seen you lost a son that was 20 years old.
I too have suffered the unthinkable and my son was also 20. Actually he just turned 20 a month prior. He too was in a car wreck taking his cousin home.
So I know about this horror!!
I pray comfort for you.

Closed Thread