It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

Mishka7 HB User
When People You Thought Were Friends Abandon You in Time of Need

I stumbled across this thread trying to understand how friends can be so not there when times are toughest. I immediately identified with your pain about how people, Christian people can be so cold. My husband has been without work for some time and we are struggling desperately at the moment. We've watched close friends walk right out the door and try to actually blame us for weird stuff because they didn't want to help! It's a hard lesson but realizing how selfish people are is an eye opener. It has made me very skeptical of who to share anything with. No matter what, I just look up. God sees everything. I hope you do find a support group. Right now our support group is Jesus. We hope to find real friends, who actually stop by and act concerned, instead of finding the thousands of reasons they can't make it. I think part of it is our materialistic and self absorbed society. I do want to say, I don't hold a grudge. I simply realize we need better friends. I'm sorry people let you down. Me too. But God sure doesn't. Hope you heal soon. Dont let shallow people make you miserable. It's not you. It's them. Move forward. Don't look back.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
When people closest to you deny you the shoulder to cry on? dolejaly Relationship Health 15 08-26-2009 05:29 AM
When People You Thought Were Friends Abandon You in Time of Need Overcomer32 Grief & Loss 15 03-14-2009 01:32 PM
Nagging and when men shut off elatedgiraffe Relationship Health 46 11-21-2008 06:00 AM
Do you have your families support when it comes to the health boards sammyo1 Chronic Pain 54 06-19-2008 05:31 AM
When is enough - enough?? dogmansa Bipolar Disorder 75 10-17-2007 12:23 AM