It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
(male)

heartache kid HB User
I just can't face the music...

It's been a month since my girlfriend of 3 years broke my heart. She told me that the relationship was too stressful for her to handle. She is fully committed to college sports and explained to me that she only has one chance to succeed. So in a nut shell, the love of my life ended our relationship because of sports. I can understand that every person in life needs to do what will make them happy. But i just can't understand how she can throw away all that we had. Im not going to elevate the relationship because in all honesty we did fight here and there and i did make my fair share of mistakes. But i knew deep down that I would of done anything and everything to make any situation better. She was the first girl i ever loved and the first girl I ever made love to. We also did almost everything together. We trained together. We hung out almost every single week. We communicated with each other throughout the entire day. We did almost everything together. But all she left me with is that she wants us to be friends. i feel like...why should i be friends with someone so selfish, right? I have never been hurt like this before. When she broke my heart it I felt crippled. So she has this tremendous power over me. I mean, when you truly love someone, you dont just put them last on your priority list right? You do what ever it takes to make it work.
Sadly, we are attending the same college so I see her every single day. We act like we don't even exist to each other. So its just so hard to come to terms with the breakup when i see her all the time. I can't erase the memories when her sight conjures up my feelings.
What do i do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User
Re: I just can't face the music...

Hey heartache kid,

Im sorry about your break-up. You should try posting in the relationship health section of the forum that way you will get some great and hopefully helpful advice. I think you need to find out if she still feels the same way as you feel about her. If she does then you need to have a good talk and just try to work things out so she is less stressed. Its gonna be hard being without specially as your in the same college but it will get easier

Closed Thread