It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010, 04:43 AM   #1
(male)

freak out HB User
I'm glad xmas is over.

The grief continues. Eight years on now. A sad situation, a bad situation, a preventable death of an infant. Authorities did nothing. They were aware of the neglect. I have a pile of ashes as a momento. A sagitarian like me she was. Our birthdays both being so close to xmas make this an unpleasant time of year not that anyone really cares. So I hate bible bashers at this time of year. I'm cynical, I dont believe, I challenge. I dont believe that a higher power capable of so much good can allow so much bad to happen here on earth. So I cannot believe in anything other than a spirit that has no control over what occurs here on earth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: I'm glad xmas is over.

freak out,
I am sorry about your loss. I don't think the grief ever goes away. Believe it or not, there are people that do care, you have to find them, but they are there.
I wish you well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

freak out, I'm sorry for your loss and your sadness.
People do care.......
for the record I'm glad xmas is over too......I feel this way every year

Old 12-31-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
(male)

freak out HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive Cynic View Post
freak out,
I am sorry about your loss. I don't think the grief ever goes away. Believe it or not, there are people that do care, you have to find them, but they are there.
I wish you well.
Sorry man, It just gets to me and I'm powerless to change the event. In some ways I feel powerless to change the future as well. I can change myself though and that is whats necessary. Theres always going to be times like this where it reaches a critical mass. The further away from the event I get though does help in many ways and you're able to distance yourself from the grief. Thanks.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
(male)

freak out HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
freak out, I'm sorry for your loss and your sadness.
People do care.......
for the record I'm glad xmas is over too......I feel this way every year
Thanks for your reply. I know people care. Sadly the insensitivity of others is magnified when you're trying to deal with the most hideous tragedies. I work in an area where most people really dont give a dam and are quite prepared to tell you face to face. Naturally I'm desparate to get out of this industry and work with more sensitive, caring people. Its just taking time. Take care.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

freak out,
I hope you are doing all right today and I am happy you responded. Though the hurt you feel will always be in your heart, I believe that sharing your story here is a good start to healing yourself. In my opinion, death of a loved one is the hardest thing that we have to bear in our life. But we have to move on, and are stronger for it. I know too well how uncaring people can be in your pain, but pity them. You know something more insightful than many could ever know. Death makes us think different about the world and it can make us better or make us bitter. Don't think that any person can understand how you feel; it will never happen. Your pain is your's alone. I understand how you feel, but I will never know exactly how you feel.

Trying to make uncaring people to understand how you feel is a waste of your time. Use that time on yourself to feel better. Your grief will lessen in time. Just letting it out is a good start.

Hang in there my friend.

Last edited by Positive Cynic; 01-01-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
(female)

KathrynEl HB User

I guess this is kinda late. But I wanted to say that I totally understand.
Most of my life I really enjoyed Christmas. My mother put a lot of effort into it, when I was a kid, I guess, and I always felt it was a good feeling time of year.
When bad things began happening in my life- I realized that the little bubble of family happiness was only a small part of the world. And when I lost a few people I cared about this year- I really didn't look forward to it at all.
I'm glad it's over. Last weekend I was really sick from the overwork I did for the Christmas season. I don't regret it, and I don't hate Christmas. I am just relieved from the pressure.
Hopefully some day it won't hurt so bad, and won't be a struggle, and I will have a different kind of people to share it with who "get" that the world isn't always kindly, and there's no benevolent character in charge of it all, but that it's generally got a fair amount of good stuff, some great stuff, some deeply ****** stuff and you make the most of it. At Christmas, just like any other time of year. It ain't no magic season.

Closed Thread