It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

joybob HB User
Passing of my precious husband

Hi,
my name is Joy. My precious husband (Bobby) passed away July14, 2010. He had prostate cancer. Was diagnosed in 1999. Did rediation - hormones. And then chemo. His cancer had spread to his bones then to his lumph nodes. I am so devastated. It is like my heart and soul has been pulled out of my body. I am very numb. I feel like a non person. I have no direction. We had been married for 20 yrs. He is a wonderful man (I have to speak of him as being in the present. I can't bear to speak of him as past.) I love him very much and can't wait to see him again. It is so hard to carry on without him. My heart breaks to have him with me. Thank you, Joy

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: joybob
sjb (01-09-2011), xanadu2 (03-30-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Passing of my precious husband

I am so sorry that you lost your husband. Your grief is very fresh. This is your first of everything without him. It's very hard, I know. My husband has been gone for 4 years this past November, we were married for 36 years. I still miss him terribly and always will. Let yourself grieve, each day it will be a little easier. You'll have setbacks, of course, but you just keep moving forward. Try to remember the fun times, the silly things, and anything that makes you smile when you think of him. I believe we will all be together again someday. I wish you well and God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
(female)

joybob HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiraven View Post
I am so sorry that you lost your husband. Your grief is very fresh. This is your first of everything without him. It's very hard, I know. My husband has been gone for 4 years this past November, we were married for 36 years. I still miss him terribly and always will. Let yourself grieve, each day it will be a little easier. You'll have setbacks, of course, but you just keep moving forward. Try to remember the fun times, the silly things, and anything that makes you smile when you think of him. I believe we will all be together again someday. I wish you well and God bless
Hi rudiraven,
Thanks for responding to my letter. I need all the help I can get as I am all alone without family or friends. I am sure you are still hurting too. My hurt is breaking. Life seems like it is not living. My reason for living went to heaven. I talk to him alot. But I would love to be able to touch him and talk to him and feel him. The wonderful feelings of love. It is a feeling of wonder. I love him sooo very much. I hope I will always love him. And I will see him again someday. I makes it hard to go on. Because you want to go and be with them. I was his total caregiver and we were togather for 20 years. The best and happiest years of my life. Those years seemed to gone by in a split second.

Thank you again,

Joy

Old 01-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

I still talk to my husband all the time, sometimes I cry to him. I even get angry that he left me You never get over it, you just learn to deal with it better. I can now smile and laugh about goofy or silly things that he did. I will stand in the garage looking for something and ask him "Ok where did you keep it?" and suddenly I know where to look. Weird Your husband will always be with you, you just can't see him. Anytime you want to talk, I'll be here

Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
(female)

joybob HB User

Thanks Rubiraven,

I really need the support. I missing my Bobby so very much. Wanting him to be here with me. The saddest is sometimes almost to much to tolerate. I cry alot. I love him wilth my soul.

Thanks,

Joy

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: joybob
cryingforever (01-14-2011), sjb (01-09-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
(female)

rspancake HB User

I lost my husband January 2009. I miss him everyday. Cry pretty much every day. We were married 37 years. He died of a heart anurism. I pretty much just exist. I go to work come home and start all over again the next day. Weekends are the worst. People ask does it get better. I answer no it doesn't. My pain is as if it happened yesterday. Family and friends have moved on with their life and I am alone in my house. My husband helps me too just like rudiraven. He is always there in your heart and in spirit. As with everyone, if anyone needs to talk or just want someone to listen you can contact me anytime. Hugs to all

Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #7
(male)

ohall HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybob View Post
Hi,
my name is Joy. My precious husband (Bobby) passed away July14, 2010. He had prostate cancer. Was diagnosed in 1999. Did rediation - hormones. And then chemo. His cancer had spread to his bones then to his lumph nodes. I am so devastated. It is like my heart and soul has been pulled out of my body. I am very numb. I feel like a non person. I have no direction. We had been married for 20 yrs. He is a wonderful man (I have to speak of him as being in the present. I can't bear to speak of him as past.) I love him very much and can't wait to see him again. It is so hard to carry on without him. My heart breaks to have him with me. Thank you, Joy
I lost my perfect partner/wife, Sept 2nd 2010,
Alcoholic, I watched the most amazing women destroy herself, Problems with alcohol emerged 3 years ago, I was with her when she slipped away, her last words to me, "I love you". I can relate to your feelings, carrying on without the one reason we carry on for, is very hard to do, I wake up every morning disappointed I am stll here.
I don't want to feel this way, well meanig people say, you wll move on, they don't understand, they can't understand, Liz my wife was the reason I woke in the morning, now she's gone,I live in pain every second of every day.
My only comfort is, I look forward to the day I am reunited with her.
Joy,I wish you all the strength in the World.

Tom

Closed Thread