It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
(female)

Stephy777 HB User
Lost my godmother

I found out a few weeks ago I had lost my godmother. All my life she was there for me, she was my second mom and when I found out I was heart broken. I didn't know how to handle this, my parents didn't let me go to her funeral and I had a breakdown during school. I am only 15 years old and I began to have horrible asthma attacks due to being so upset. My mother was sympathetic and she was her best friend for over 30 years. Well tonight I began to sob and cry as I realized her birthday is coming up. My mother snapped at me, screaming that she should be the one sad. That she should be the one who is having emotional melt downs. This only made my crying worse for me and my mom don't really get along. I dont know what to do, I lost my godmother and one of the women I looked up to in life. She was always there for me and I do not know how to cope. And whenever I cry around my mother she always snaps at me. I dont have anyone to go to about this and I need help coping... Please someone give me advice because I truly don't know how I can handle this right now.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
(female)

Pattycat36 HB User
Re: Lost my godmother

Steph,Im so sorry for your loss.Do you have a teacher you could talk to? Or maybe the school guidance counselor? If not how about an aunt or grandma? You are grieving and you shouldnt have to hide it around your mom. You need someone to talk to now not later. Your mother I'm sure is grieving in her own way but is being unfair to you.Its too bad shes not there for you to grieve with you. Please find someone to talk to before depression sinks in.Let me know how your doing. God bless you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread