It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

Lost him HB User
Help?

I lost my bestfriend 2yrs ago to death, his birthday is Saturday this will be the second time I have to spend his birthday without him. Will it ever get easier? Any idea's on how to cope with it? I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
(male)

LAX21 HB User
Re: Help?

Think about how he souls act if it was you that passed away. What would he do to celebrate your life. Just a suggestion. One thing I've learned by posting stuff on this forum the last few days is, just knowing there are caring people who are out in the world who are listening and want to help has been a comfort. I will think about you on Saturday. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

Lost him HB User

Thank's it really does mean alot to me.
And like all day today I just been really upset, my friends help a little I just miss him. I honestly did love him. It sucks I didn't get to say good bye. And should I do something tomorrow or no?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
(male)

LAX21 HB User

Do something every day. and just remember no one can ever understand what you're going through. You will get another chance at love. It might not happen any time soon, but if you're open to it, it will happen.

think about him, but also think about yourself. That is the hardest part, but it will help make it better.

You'll never forget, but you will be able to move on and be happy.

Do something small to bring a smile to you face or the face of another. Start small.
Pay someone's toll. Pay for a stranger's dinner who is sitting at the bar by themselves. Thank a cop. Let someone go ahead of you. You'd be surprised what it will do for you and the other person. Try it. It may be hard, but the person on the receiving end will remember it and might do the same to the next person.

That's how you get back into the world and open yourself up to meet new people and be happy. He would want it that way.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
(female)

Lost him HB User

Kk I'll try.
I hope I fin someone like him. He was always there for me, like whenever I needed him he was there, Like when I was raped I called him and he stayed up with me all night for days he was the best person in the world.
It really helps to talk about it thanks.
I could tell you all about him like all day long.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
(female)

Izzyconrad2 HB User

Ive lost alot of people in a row. It feels really bad exspecially if you were really close. Just think of the old times, think of the memories you shared. It will make you alittle sad but It helps when you need to remember the happy times. During memorial times just think of the good times you had together the laughs and fun times you shared. With time it gets easier and it helps with later on when you think of that person you won`t be said you smile because you`ll just think about the good times you spent together. You can make it through it. Good Luck

Old 05-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
(female)

Lost him HB User

Yeah his birthday was hard. But i got thru it. I had friends by my side. Like it gets really really hard sometime. I'm 15 but I know I'm a strong person but when it comes to him its like i just break down and can't help myself. But thanks for the help

The following user gives a hug of support to Lost him:
Izzyconrad2 (06-20-2011)
Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
(female)

Izzyconrad2 HB User

No problem if you ever need anything just to talk i`m here and theres other people here that will help.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #9
(female)

Lost him HB User

Thanks. Honestly I'm in love with him! He was my everything! It just hurts I cry when I think of the thought that he's gone! Like tonight all I been doing was thinking of him and missing him, I got alot going on and he was always the one I ran to for help now he's not here and I miss him more. I just hope I get better bout it, you know. But thanks.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
(male)

MR FUZZUMS HB User

I have an Idea instead of "Grieving" for so long when his Birthday comes invite all his friends over and throw a party for the deceased set up a bulletin board with his best picture on it and write on it welcome to so and so's Birthday party and have people pin small keepsakes and memories to the board let it fill up and during the party have a Cake with his picture on it and during the whole time tell stories of when this person was alive funny stories memories that best define the person. Instead of Grieving for the person remember them as if they were still alive. Because they aren't really gone they are just waiting for you death isn't the end it's just the beginning they see and hear everything we do and if you throw a kicking party for them i'm sure the deceased will appreciate it. I know my Grandma and Grandfather do!

Old 08-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
(female)

Lost him HB User

Thanks. I might try that next year. Like just even looking at his pictures like makes me sad I try to be happy but it just makes me want him to be back more you know?

Closed Thread