It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

krczolish HB User
Mom Passed Away

It's been a year since my mother died from a pulmonary embolism stemming from her lung cancer, but it feels like it just happened. I tried talking to who I thought was my best friend about it, but he just flat out told me that he didn't want to listen to me because it depressed him, and since then I haven't tried to talk about it with anyone else. My dad is, at times, a completely inefficient human being. He needs my help for everything, and I feel like he's placing all of my mom's old responsibilities onto me... he's even mistakenly called me by her name a few times. I'm only 25, and I don't have the emotional well-being at this point to constantly help him out. My brothers, they're completely selfish people and this didn't change even after the death of my mother... it's just gotten worse since then. Sometimes I feel like all this is just too much to handle and I don't even want to get out of bed a lot of the time. I feel like I'm pushing a lot of this sadness and anger onto my boyfriend, which is completely unfair to him, I know this. I tried making an appointment with a psychologist, even though I really detest the idea of spilling my guts to some stranger, but they never called back and I just take that as a sign that it was a bad idea in the first place, but I just want to talk to someone about everything so badly. My mom was my best friend and I miss her so much.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
(female)

Orchid1991 HB User
Re: Mom Passed Away

I am very sorry to hear about your mom, I can't imagine how hard it is for you. My brother passed away last year and I am going through alot of the same emotions as you are. I would recommened seeing a psychologist or perhaps even a grief counsellor. I went to a psychologist for a while and it did help when it came to issues with the rest of my family. You should suggest to your dad to go see a psychologist-maybe you could see the same one, so your psychologist will know in depth what is going on at home. I am looking into seeing a grief counsellor to help with my emotions. My mom and other brother went into a grief group and felt that helped quite a bit. Maybe you should look into that and see if there are any groups you can join and attend. You can always reply on here and we can share what we are going through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

shdowdncrfaerie HB User
Re: Mom Passed Away

I know how you are feeling. I have been going through the same thing, only my mother passed away at the end of May. My dad is exactly the same, and I gave up a job and my life for several months to stay with him and help him get through everything. I have three older brothers that, after the funeral, have seemingly forgotten that our father would need support. I wonder every day how things are going to get better. There never seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Closed Thread