It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

Morgie HB User
Coming up on 1 year of Grandpa being gone, still havent grieved, need advice.

On June 20th will be a year since my grandpa passed away due to lung cancer. He was diagnosed in feb of 2010 and continuted to go down hill from there. My grandpa was my world and still is. I was very very close to him we shared everything, he was the one man in my life who never let me down. you could say that i was grandpas girl and his favorite. I was there with him almost everyday threw his chemo treatments and radiation treatments, in and out of the hospital. I cried in the hospital while watching him pass away, cried at his funeral and everything. I feel like i am still stuck in the shock stage of the grief process.My mother who was very close with my grandpa( her dad) she went into a deep state of depression would just sit around the house and cry all the time, i felt like i needed to be there for her and be the strong one, i also felt like i had to be this way with my 15 year old cousin since she is so young and my grandpa lived at her house. i feel like i havent had the time to personal grieve for myself. i understand that he is in a better place and no longer has to suffer but i miss him more then anything. i feel like since its been a year i just need to let it all out that ive had built up over the year and start the grief process over again. im just not sure what to do. i dont want to tell my mother this cause it will just make her feel bad. thank you for reading my ramblings. i hope to get some good feed back. thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

Orchid1991 HB User
Re: Coming up on 1 year of Grandpa being gone, still havent grieved, need advice.

If you normally share your feelings with your mom, I think you should tell her and create a dialogue between you two so you can share stories and talk about how you feel. Even if you don't talk about your grandpa much, I think you should start because some times hearing stories or just telling someone how you feel really helps. Grief is different for everyone, some it only takes a few months and for others it takes years. I wouldn't put a timeline on your grieving process. Go through the motions as they come.

Closed Thread