It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

timteach2 HB User
how long until we feel just a little better?

My brother died a week ago from heart failure. He was 47. My mom, dad, and siblings are so lost. I can't seem to function. I can get up, shower, etc... but don't know how. We siblings have gone to our parents' house every night and stayed till late. All the grandkids come too because it helps to all be together (We all live within 15 minutes of each other). I will have to go back to school on August 1 (I teach). I don't know how in the world I am going to do it. I am in so much grief as are the rest of my family, especially my parents who are in their late 70s. We are such a close family and I'm so afraid that my parents will die of broken hearts. I, myself, just get up and then count the hours until I can go to sleep again. I guess I am just rambling and I'm sorry but I am lost. I guess what I want to know is when will the grief ease up even just a bit? I know there is no time table that I can go by and a week is not long but I was just curious as to other's experiences. I need some hope.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: timteach2
Juliemb30 (09-24-2011), SHARON1952 (07-31-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: how long until we feel just a little better?

I'm sorry for your loss, and for your whole family......
maybe the grief will subside a little if you do something to memorialize your brother....maybe put together a photo album of pictures of him, or plant a garden. Try to do something that he enjoyed, and think of him.....
I'm sorry, it doesn't sound like much, but I thought I'd suggest it. I'm not trying to downplay your grief, these things won't make it go away....they just might help you get thru it a little easier.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread