It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

Hello321 HB User
Dad

I haven't been on here for a while I was going on another website but am sick of hearing people complain and talk about the unfairness of their elderly parent, I cant seem to find anyone to talk to, my dad was 50 and suddenly collapsed and died even though he was healthy. He had a football injury and it caused a pulmonary embolism, firstly some people get through their grief because they think "at least they arent suffering anymore" I can't think that because he was healthy and not old. My brothers were only 7 and 15 and everyone says Im lucky because I am 20 and had known him the longest but I hate it even more because I miss him even more. I am grateful that I still have my mum and brothers and people will probably hate that I am complaining because I am lucky to have them but I have to do everything I support everyone and comfort everyone yet NOBODY is here for me, when I get upset because my mum and brothers are closer to each other and my dad was the only one who stuck up for me they laugh and dismiss my anger. When I want to cry I have to leave the house because we dont mention him in front of my younger brother I hate it and I cant bring it up, so I hide in the bathroom and even though they know im upset nobody ever asks me if im ok. I just turned 22 and I hate how my friends go out never stay at home can do whatever they like yet complain about their lives/parents. Ive fallen out with most friends and the ones I try and talk to dont understand and tell me im too angry when I know im allowed to be angry!!! My boyfriend also broke up with me because he didnt know how to handle it even though his dad passed away when he was young so i THought he would. Nobody understands I feel like im abnormal!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Hello321:
slenderella (08-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
(female)

dad1933 HB User
Re: Dad

Hi,

In reading other postings, I came across yours... Although my circumstances weren't the same as yours, I lost my dad last month to a GBM (stage 4 brain tumor) and COPD, he was 78. He did not have a chance to fight a losing battle, and we lost him only 42 days after his diagnosis. I want to extend my deepest sympathies to YOU. Like you, I feel my grief isn't really allowing me to move on in certain aspects of my life. I see him in little daily things that happen and I miss his voice and hugs. I'm sure you have the same feelings. Do not let anyone take that from you. Each of us deals with our losses in different ways and sometimes it's very hard to see how others work thru theirs, or don't seem to at all. I hang on to happier times rather than the last memories we have. I'm sorry your family isn't allowing that for you. My daughter who is 19, came to see dad the day prior to his death and had a very hard time with it, as he was not coherent. It broke my heart to see her say her goodbyes inside herself. We can never be prepared for someone we love, to leave us, whether we know ahead of time or now. The end is always devestating. If there are grief groups available to you, that might be helpful. I hope your family would support you in this... If you choose not to pursue that, I have found that complete strangers on these messageboards reach out to others from all over the world to help you in your grief. I've always felt comfort in a hug... please accept mine to you. Take care, Lisa

The following user gives a hug of support to dad1933:
slenderella (08-21-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
(female)

dad1933 HB User

Just checking to see how you are... my thoughts are with you. Lisa

Old 08-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
(female)

Hello321 HB User

Thank you Lisa for your reply, I am sorry for your loss too and you are right we can never prepare

Closed Thread