It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

Tracy641 HB User
Lost both my parents at 23.

Hello, im just looking for a bit of support or a bit of guidance really. Im sooo lost and feeling alone right now. and in need of a bit of picking up.
I lost my dad to brain cancer when i was 21, and i really did think my world was ending! .... It took me a hell of a long time to heal and carry on with life, and i admit in time it got easier, but i was still brainwashed, and just put on a brave face to help my poor mum. They had been married 40 years and were absolultely made for each other. they raised 4 kids, including me, and we were sooo close as a family.
Just 1 month ago i lost my mum to cancer. I am absolutely cut up and devastated. i just cant get my head around it. my mum was my bestest friend. and we were so so close. I cant believe i have lost her aswell. I am 23 years old, and have put on hold everything for my parents, as i knew they were critically ill with this horrible disease. They were both 61 when they died. This is beyond unfair. I just dont know what to do with myself and i cant see any light at the end of this tunnel. Anyone else share the same experiences? Id like to think im not alone... and would love for some reassurance. My friends and boyfrield have been amazing, but no1 will ever understand unless they have experienced the pain themself. I have been back to work, but often get sent home as i cant cope with the pressure.
I hope i can hear from someone soon, this is getting way too much xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Lost both my parents at 23.

Tracy I just wanted to say that I am SO SORRY to hear about the loss of your parents.
No doubt that is absolutely devastating. You're right, it IS unfair.
Your mother's death is very new, so don't expect too much from yourself, you know?
Everyone grieves at their own pace.

blessings, Sue

Closed Thread