It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

kay99 HB User
Heartbroken

My son 15 years old was struggling with depression and transitions in life and
high school. He appeared normal. He played football and was
very popular. As his parents, we knew he was "fragile", but felt this was
his inherent personality. We had no idea the extent of his internal
struggles.

David's first attempted suicide blind-sided us and we did not understand how a child that appeared to be "okay" could go from 0 to 100 in a flash. On the heels of a 7 day inpatient stay, we
sought counseling for him and follow up care. He seemed to be doing fine up to the end. In the the last month, he went through a downward spiral that we did not understand and we were constantly trying to discern what was going on and why.

We lost the battle with our son as he recently committed suicide in our home before going to school. We are in the beginning stages of grief.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-03-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: removed identifying details

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: kay99
Ivorygirl (10-05-2011), solofelix (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Heartbroken

Hi,
I really don't know what to say to you except to offer
you my deepest condolences.
I will remember you in my prayers and trust you will eventually find some comfort and peace.
Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
kay99 (10-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I'm so sorry for your loss....

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
kay99 (10-06-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
(female)

Ivorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB User

(((((Kay & Family))))) <<<<<< those are cyberhugs

I am so sorry for your loss.

Having a daughter who started with depression at your dear son's age, had 2 suicide attempts and several hospitalizations, I so understand your pain and grief.

Luckily for us we were able to find the right diagnosis, meds and treatment to find the stability that she now stands upon.

It wasn't easy and there were times that we feared what you are now facing in terms of grief.

I can only imagine what that must be like for you and wanted to offer you my deepest sympathies on such a great loss.

May God hold you in the Palm of His hand and allow you to feel His love and His peace as you face your grief.

Be gentle with yourself and know that you were wonderful parents to your son who had what is now known as a true biological disorder that took him way too soon from those he loved.

May all the wonderful memories that you shared with your dear son help you through those difficult moments ~ Ivory

The Following User Says Thank You to Ivorygirl For This Useful Post:
kay99 (10-06-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

I am SO very sorry for the loss of your son. One can only imagine how you feel at this time. I wish you the grace of GOD in healing. My son tried it one time and just the thought was unbearable if he had of succeeded. PLEASE know that we are all here for you so PLEASE reach out to us at ANYTIME. I will keep your family in my prayers.

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
kay99 (10-06-2011)
Closed Thread