It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

isitjustme HB User
Unhappy I have a new friend, what do I do about this...

Hi,

I have this new friend, I have only known him over a week, but we have talked so much on the phone and gotten to know each other. He is a friend of my brothers they used to work with each other.

Well this is how it all starts......

He is married and his wife left him and his 3 kids about 3 years ago, just up and left him and 3 little ones, he has these kids that he is taking care of 12, 6 and 5. Well, he lost his job almost 2 years ago and he has been trying so hard to get a job and can't get a job anywhere, he has filled out applications everywhere, it is really hard in Michigan to find work right now, but I am sure that is it all over. So in August he lost his Dad and he is still dealing with the loss of him, which he had 3 strikes in a row.....Now I had talked to him today and now he lost a cousin.

I feel so bad for this guy, and I am sure there are people that are in worse shape than he is, but I really feel bad.

I am not that good of a friend yet and don't know him too well, but I want to be there for him

Is there something that I can do to help him or should I back away, I don't want to distance myself from him too far where he thinks that I don't care, but I don't want to be pushy either.

There is one thing that I do need to mention, I feel that Fate or something has brought us together in the past 3 months because of all of the coincidences between him and I. I will get into that in the next paragraph.

I was at my brother's house one night and I was talking to my sister in law and brother and told them that when I marry next I want to marry someone that is going to be good for me, not what I had before. Well my sis in law had mentioned my brother's friend to me and to Facebook friend him so I did and he friended me, so we started to talk on Facebook then we were talking alot on the phone. Well we found out that we were born exactly two days apart in the same hospital. Then we found out we both came from a family of four with the both of us being the second born. His Dad passed away right before I left my soon to be ex husband. There are other common things that we have with us but these 3 are the ones that really got me.

So does anyone think that we could be soulmates and that we were to be together also......

I want to be there for him and I want to share my feelings to him, I just don't want to lose a friendship, even if that is all it will ever be.

What does anyone else hing of this? Thank you so much and I will like to see all replies and opinions....

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: I have a new friend, what do I do about this...

I don't think you should back off.....he sounds like he really needs a friend right now.
I think you should just tell him straight out that you're very sorry he's going thru all this, and you would like to help him in some way, but you're not sure how.....can he give you some suggestions?

Old 01-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
(female)

isitjustme HB User
Re: I have a new friend, what do I do about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
I don't think you should back off.....he sounds like he really needs a friend right now.
I think you should just tell him straight out that you're very sorry he's going thru all this, and you would like to help him in some way, but you're not sure how.....can he give you some suggestions?
Hi Rosequartz,

Thanks so much for your post, I really like this guy and I feel that we need each other for support right now but he needs me alot more.

Have a great night.

Closed Thread