It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
(female)

whiskeyjennifer HB User
Loss of my sister.

I lost my sister 1/4/12. She was my best friend and confidant. She had heart surgery to remove a membrane from a heart valve, two weeks later she got an infection and was septic and gone in one day. This is so very hard for me. She had moved from AZ where I live to KY 3 years ago but we talked on the phone everyday at least 3-4 times per day. We always ended our conversations with "I love you." I sooo miss hearing her voice and laughter. We were only 3 years apart. I am the youngest and she was the next above me. We lived together most of our lives. I am so mad at God for taking her. I am the one that made stupid mistakes and dangerous decisions throughout my life. She was a good girl and very naive. I don't understand why he took her and left me here. All I do is cry. I try not to cry in front of my boyfriend because he has cerebral palsy and epilepsy when he worries he has more seizures. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to continue on. I've been diagnesed years ago as manic depressive and PTSD. I need to know the tools on how to get through this safely. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. Thank you. Jenn

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: whiskeyjennifer
Agenda (02-08-2012), BelleoftheSouth (02-25-2012), bethsheba (02-06-2012), souriya123 (02-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
(female)

jesseca HB Userjesseca HB User
Re: Loss of my sister.

whiskeyjennifer,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister
I know losing someone you love so much is so very painful
Wish I could tell you it goes away but it dont
Life as we knew it will never be nor will we
I wish I had the answers for why God takes the ones that are so good
All I get out of that is HEAVEN must be so BEAUTIFUL
Please know that you are in my prayers and that I am sending you a big hug
Forever In My heart
Jesseca

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jesseca For This Useful Post:
BelleoftheSouth (02-25-2012), whiskeyjennifer (02-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

jennifer, although you may not hear your sister's voice again, you can still talk to her. Take some time each day and tell her how you feel, what you think, and what you've done. She'll hear you! and perhaps, you'll hear her again in other ways.

The Following User Says Thank You to bethsheba For This Useful Post:
whiskeyjennifer (02-06-2012)
Old 02-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
(female)

whiskeyjennifer HB User

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughtfulness in answering.

The following user gives a hug of support to whiskeyjennifer:
bethsheba (02-07-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
(female)

calling825 HB User

I lost my sister recently too. She was diagnosed with leukemia on 11/18/11 and she past away on 12/31/11. I cry myself to sleep every night and cry every morning. I quit my job because I can't stand being anywhere that they expect to act like she's not dead and I'm not in horrible pain.

I don't know how to go on.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: calling825
Agenda (02-08-2012), BelleoftheSouth (02-25-2012), bethsheba (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
(female)

Calling 825
I am so sorry to here about the loss of your sister,
Going on with out them is the hardest thing. I find we now do things because we have to and not because we want to as we have no choice
Life as we knew it will never be
Please know you are not alone
I will pray for you
Forever in my heart
Jesseca

The Following User Says Thank You to jesseca For This Useful Post:
calling825 (02-08-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
(female)

bepsi HB User

Oh man, I can't even imagine how hard it would be to lose my sister. I can't breath even to think about it. I'm so sorry for you. The only think that I have to offer you is what has helped me. A lot of people feel that when bad things happen to good people, or they see tremendous suffering by innocent people that God simply does not care about us. Or they even blame God for events that happen. The Bible tells us that God is not wicked and is not responsible for our suffering. In fact just the opposite. It tells us in 1 Peter 5:7 that “He cares for you.” In the book of Job, a man who suffered many things, including the loss of his ten children, it says in Job 34:10 “Far be it from the true God to act wickedly.”
In fact the opposite of God causing these tragic things, is the hope that the Bible gives out for the near future. One of my favorite scriptures is in Revelation 21:4, where it says, “And God will wipe out every tear from their eye, and death will be no more. Neither will mourning, nor outcry, nor pain be anymore….the former things have passed away.” That’s the scripture that does it for me. I rest my hope on that, and the guaranteed that God cannot tell a lie.
I hope you can take some comfort in this. I only add this because of what you said in your original post that you are so mad at God for taking her.
I am truly sorry and hope that you can find the strength to go on!

The Following User Says Thank You to bepsi For This Useful Post:
kanded (02-20-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
(female)

missingsis HB User

I'm really very sorry for the loss of your beloved sister. I understand the pains. I also lost my younger sister a month ago due to a careless accident. It is so very difficult dealing and coping with the shock, grief, regrets and so much guilt resulted from sudden death of loved ones. So many questions and nowhere to find answers. The most painful thing is not to have the chance to tell her in person that I love her so much and she means the world to me.

Most of the time, I still have to act strong for my parents. At nights, when I’m alone, it is the worst. I can’t stop thinking about her and just miss her so very much. Whenever I thought I couldn’t bear the pain anymore, I just tell myself over and over again that she is still with me. She lives on forever in my heart.

The following user gives a hug of support to missingsis:
BelleoftheSouth (02-25-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #9
(female)

missingsis,
My heart breaks for you at such a sad time for you,
Please know that you are in my prayers

Forever in my heart
jesseca

The following user gives a hug of support to jesseca:
BelleoftheSouth (02-25-2012)
Old 02-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

My heart breaks for all of you who've lost your sisters..I lost my brother and it is hard to get a grip on life when we've lose our loved ones.

(((Hugs to All)))

~Belle~

Old 02-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
(female)

BelleoftheSouth,
So very sad when we loose the ones we love Thinking of you and sending you a big hug
Forever in my heart
Jesseca

Closed Thread