It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
(female)

June291985 HB User
Grief losing my husband

Well my year is coming up on April 6 2011 on loosing my best friend and husband after 25 years of marriage. He died at a very young age of 53. I never thought in million years that I would be a widow at the age of 50. We have a son that is 15 and now I need to be both parents, I am learning new things that my husband has done. I have daycare in my home so I am here in this house 24/7. My husband had a rare cancer that only 300 people in the US had, so it was a very new form of cancer that they really didn't know how to treat. I took care of him until the last 2 weeks of his life a battle of 18 months. The hospice came in and it was the worst experience I ever had to dealt with. I was not happy with them at all.
I was talking on FB about my grief and a friend tell me you need to keep my grief to myself. So somone told me about this website. I took a Grief class 6 weeks ago, but I have a sting faith , family that has been helping me through this long year.I have done reading on grief and one of these to start healing ia to talk about your love one. I just miss him so very much...and I know god has a plan for me and I just have to learn to live my life without him and that will be hard,but I have been talking baby steps. When something like this happens in your life you really fine out who your true friends are. I have some really good friends that will just sit and listen to me and then they say it okay we will make it. I have never been through loosing someone so close to me before,it is hard. But god has a plan for me and I just have to wait to figure it out.

The following user gives a hug of support to June291985:
slenderella (03-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Grief losing my husband

First of all, I am SO SORRY for your loss. So very sorry. I agree, even within this tragedy, God does have a Divine Plan.
I couldn't disagree more with the person who told you to keep your grief to yourself.
I encourage anyone reading this to share their grief with those who will listen, and will not try to shut you up or tell you when you have grieved "enough" or have not grieved the way they think you should. If you need extra help at this hard time, don't hesitate to go to a grief counselor, or a local grief support group.
Your loss must feel overwhelming at times. I hope you will keep sharing, and know that even "strangers" on a board such a this care for you, and about you, and want you to know that we are listening, and that your grief is relevant, and that your husband's life deserves to be shared and celebrated. Encourage your son to share his grief, too.

God bless, Sue

Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
(male)

sudsspirit HB User
Re: Grief losing my husband

I am sorry for your loss. The pain can be unbearable at times. Sometimes it seems like it will never go away and you become numb with sadness. I found bereavement support groups to be very helpful for me as well as one on one counseling. It has been six years since I lost my wife at age 48 when she was involved in a vehicle accident and died instantly. Happily married that morning in January, 2006, a widower in the afternoon.

These boards are very helpful and comforting to know that you are not alone in your grief journey.

I wish you peace and comfort..

Last edited by sudsspirit; 05-17-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Closed Thread