It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
lurkers, please join me in comforting others

What a wonderful venue HealthBoards is, a place where you can have a medical, physical or psychological concern and people respond to you. It's obvious that there are hundreds of people who read this loss and grief board.
Please be another voice that resonates comfort to those asking for it. Share your own stories of loss, and how you attempt to walk through your grief.
We need people here to help....let it be you.

thank you so much, Sue

Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: lurkers, please join me in comforting others

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
What a wonderful venue HealthBoards is, a place where you can have a medical, physical or psychological concern and people respond to you. It's obvious that there are hundreds of people who read this loss and grief board.
Please be another voice that resonates comfort to those asking for it. Share your own stories of loss, and how you attempt to walk through your grief.
We need people here to help....let it be you.

thank you so much, Sue
Blessed those that mourn for they shall be comforted. Those who have been comforted can comfort others.
I have benefitted by reading a book called The Grief Recovery Handbook by John James and Russell Friedman. I went through this book with my Women's Director at my church who has counseled me but also has had many losses in her life and did by using it like a bible study and praying for each other. This book isn't written with a christian perspective but that's the way we chose to use it.
I am a home health aide who works with many hospice clients through a home health care agency.This agency provides grief counseling to families whose loved ones were on our hospice program for 13 months after the clients death. We provide these services to those in our community to anyone who feels they need it and can benefit by it at no cost to them. Our hospice foundation covers the cost. If you live in the San Francisco Bay area, Pathways Home Health and Hospice has grief counseling available.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread