It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
(male)

Dfrankjazz HB User
Newbie reaching out

Hi friends, I recently lost my all-time beloved best friend of 20 years on Feb. 20th. He and I spoke every night for 7 months during his horrific battle with pancreatic cancer, I was his main spiritual/emotional support person. After he died, I cried every day for 3 weeks... the memorial service for him wasn't until 2 weeks ago. Since the service I once again find myself feeling this constant deep pain and emptiness, like an energetic depression.

I didn't expect there to be so much ongoing distress and emptiness after this event, is this normal?

Thanks for your ears, God bless!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Newbie reaching out

Welcome to the board. I am very sorry for your loss. You must have been such a comfort to him in the generous and loving support you gave him. Your very spirit would have been so tied up with his, and I think that this has left you almost with that part of yourself missing, or totally depleted. This leaves the emptiness that you mention. Your grief will progress as it needs to. Rest assured that it will get easier over time. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
(male)

Dfrankjazz HB User
Re: Newbie reaching out

thank you for your wonderful insights, very helpful It's not unusual to still feel much pain 2 weeks after a memorial service? I've never been through this before!

DF

Closed Thread