It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

Pogo Pumps HB User
Depression/Anxiety Kills

My 45 year-old-son recently committed suicide after suffering from depression and anxiety attacks for the last 6 months. Nothing helped, medication, rehab, behavioral modification, hypnotism, nothing. He tried but couldn't overcome the pain so took his life. I am devastated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
(female)

Wobbles08 HB User
Re: Depression/Anxiety Kills

My heart goes out to both yourself and your family at this very difficult time.

Mental illness is very difficult to assist people through as it is not a visible problem and we don't have the technology to read people's minds.

I have no doubt that he left this world knowing that you love him and I hope you can take some comfort from that. It is obvious that you tried everything you could to make him feel better but unfortunately he was in too much mental pain to carry on. I urge you to seek assistance from a support group to help you through your grief. My thoughts are with you.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2012 at 06:46 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wobbles08 For This Useful Post:
Pogo Pumps (05-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo Pumps View Post
My 45 year-old-son recently committed suicide after suffering from depression and anxiety attacks for the last 6 months. Nothing helped, medication, rehab, behavioral modification, hypnotism, nothing. He tried but couldn't overcome the pain so took his life. I am devastated.
Hell Pogo Pumps,

I am that age now and can relate to the turmoil he must've felt.
My heart goes out to you,as I know that his death has effected you immensely.

I realize that saying he is finally at rest will bring little comfort.

He will be in my prayers and know that i'm here if you ever need to talk.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
(male)

Photog01 HB User

As the others said, my heart goes out to you in this moment of sadness.
From what you said, you tried to help him and he sought help. Sadly at times it does not help as with your son. Just know that no matter what you had done, he made the decision for himself to end his life. It is so sad that the suffering drove him to this. There are no words that anyone can say that will truly lift the sadness hanging over you. But try and remember the good times with him and understand that is it impossible to totally understand why he did what he did.

I still struggle to try and understand why my dearest friend, a person I truly loved, said goodbye to me and then took her life only hours later. I wonder why I did not know what she intended, but the reality is that no one could have stopped her and there was no way to know what she was going to do.
So I just remember my friend, my love and hope she has found peace, as I also wish for your son. And I hope you too will find what you need to remember him as the son you loved and enjoyed.
All my love to you.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
(female)

Pogo Pumps HB User

Thank you so much for your kind words. He died Thursday night and my other son and wife and myself spent the weekend with his wife and two daughters. I held in my tears because of my young granddaughters. I couldn't cry until I was back home on Sunday and was in the arms of my sister my only sibling as both my parents are deceased. I grieve for all those who have lost loved ones because I know their pain is as deep as mine. Thank you again.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
(male)

Photog01 HB User

Pogo Pump, I hope you are doing well and are working your way back to find some peace.
Take care, was thinking of you today.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
(female)

Pogo Pumps HB User

Thank you so much for your post. I hope that time is helping you deal with your loss. I am sure that those who choose to end their lives must be in such despair that nothing can be said or done to change their mind. I have grappled with depression all of my life and I know there were times that I was searching for a way out. I was fortunate enough to find the right meds and except for an occasional episode I was doing very well. With the recent loss of both my mother and my son, I have valleys and peaks right now but I know it will get easier with time.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
(male)

Rorer714 HB User

Pogo Pump,
My heart also goes out to you.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
(female)

Pogo Pumps HB User

Thank you for your post. I can see that you have done everything to help yourself and I agree with you that in some instances there just is no answer regardless of all the help you get. There is a history of depression in my family beginning with my paternal grandmother and continuing down to my son. His father died about 2 years ago and he was heartbroken. His father lived with him and his wife for several years and then he was diagnosed with lung cancer and my son was there with him through his illness and was with him when he died. His father was his closest friend and they did everything together. I think that was the beginning of his downward spiral. There were changes at work and financial worries, and then, too, his 16 year-old-daughter was rebelling and was giving her parents so many problems. He had always been able to deal with the depression with medication, but when the anxiety attacks started he thought he was having a heart attack and he was afraid to even go out of the house. I know that he loved me and his family very much and we tried to help him in every way, but he felt he was never going to get better and he wanted the pain to end. I know I did the best I could but there are days that are so hard to bear. I lost my mother in March and then my son in May, so my grief is two-fold. I am not a religious person but I do feel there is something beyond this life and somehow we will be together again and that helps. Again thanks for your post and I am so thankful you took the time to describe your struggle. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
(male)

SadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB User

I am so sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine what you are going through. I have dealt with severe depression for years. I know it has been several months since you posted this, I hope you have found some peace. I am so sorry

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #11
(male)

buddy825 HB User

Sad Computer
This guy told someone that 8mg is a small dose of Suboxone, and they usually start you at 16mg 0r 32mg. Are you kidding? Although it's really hard to do exact equivalent but common answers usually return about 1 mg of Sub is equal to 30-40 Oxy. So this Bozo is saying you need about 480mg of Oxy to curb withdrawals? No wonder people get hopelessly addicted to Subs. 90% of people never need more than 8mg and most 2-4mg

Last edited by buddy825; 06-06-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Reply Reply