It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
(female)

JennyGxx HB User
Cousin just commited suicide.

I was never close to my cousin, I barely knew him infact but for some reason this is really hurting :/.

On friday night I found out that my cousin had hung himself on thursday. It may sound horrible but I really did hardly know him, hadn't seen him since I was very young (17 now). For some reason though I feel very upset about this, I feel guilty, like if I'd have known that he had felt bad enough to do that I could have helped. I feel bad for my dad and for my uncle who knew him well and who are really hurt by this. I feel bad for not knowing him like I should of done, he was my cousin, I see his dad a lot, so why not him, I just never thought. I guess the worst part is that I have (don't anymore) had thoughts of ending my own life, I just wish I had known about him feeling the same, we may not have been close but he was family, someone in my family could have understood and more importantly, I could of understood him, maybe thats all he would have needed? I don't know, I don't even know why he did it.

Sorry if none of that makes sense, just I dunno, had to get it out I suppose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Cousin just commited suicide.

You actually make perfect sense. You know the feelings, and you think you may have been able to help. That's understandable.
I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe now is your chance to use this situation with your cousin as a jumping off point to having conversations with people you are close to who you feel may be depressed. Maybe you could even volunteer at your local suicide hotline.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
(female)

JennyGxx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
You actually make perfect sense. You know the feelings, and you think you may have been able to help. That's understandable.
I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe now is your chance to use this situation with your cousin as a jumping off point to having conversations with people you are close to who you feel may be depressed. Maybe you could even volunteer at your local suicide hotline.
Thankyou ... I have thought for a while I wanted to help people who feel like this, I want to be a mental health nurse, this has just added fuel to the fire and made me want to do it even more! I just wish I could have done something sooner because now its too late xx

Old 05-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

I think that your desire is a GREAT one, and your cousin's death can be that flame that burns inside you to want to help others. Wonderful.

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
JennyGxx (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
(female)

JennyGxx HB User

yeah, I hope so, it would mean a lot to be able to help people xxx

Closed Thread