It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

mskitti51797 HB User
Unhappy My mom passed away almost a month ago suddenly

With no warning and I'm still in such shock. I am finding it really hard to cope and accept it. I found a support group and going to it this coming week just so many questions for her now. This really sucks. When will the tears stop!!

The following user gives a hug of support to mskitti51797:
janewhite1 (06-17-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Re: My mom passed away almost a month ago suddenly

I lost my dad 8 years ago very suddenly. He had heart disease and no one knew, including him. He was 43, healthy as an ox and active. Very fit and just fine... But the day before my 24th birthday he was just gone... It is very fresh and hard for you right now but you can get through it. I would fall asleep crying and wake up crying for days. The real thing that got me through was talking, but not to my family or a psychiatrist but someone who was going through what I was going through, but not with the same person. I thought about it from my dads view and knew that he would be so angry and sad at me for the way I was handling the death. He would never want me to act, feel like that. I picked myself up and decided that now was the time to do everything I wanted to do with my life because it is short. I was still sad but I was not going to be nothing because if my fad was watching me I knew it would be making him sad to see me that way and that was something I couldn't bear. I did a lot of writing in a journal that I titled "dear daddy" I still write to him all the time.
I can't say I know how you feel but I do know how it feels and though it is hard and you never forget, you will find your way... Trust me as a mom I know that I would want my kids to celebrate our time together but not to be sad about time lost because I love them and I know they love me I pray you find your special way to grieve and I promise it gets easier... Very sorry for your loss and since I found this board I check it often so if you need to talk I am here

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
(female)

Jeanwillbrand HB User
Re: My mom passed away almost a month ago suddenly

I'm sorry for your loss. As far as the tears stopping......dont hold your breath. It could take a lifetime. In other words the tears never really do stop. You never stop hurting and missing her so much you think that your going to die yourself......what happens is you learn to live with the horrible pain.
Yes I know it seems like you could never do that but you can and you will. All in due time. Dont rush the process of greiving.
Its a healthy thing to do. Try your best to stay as busy as you can and to get out of the house as much as possible.

Reply Reply