It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
(male)

wilson21 HB User
Mom is dying from cancer

Hello, I have a twin sister and an older sister. Our mother was diagnosed back in May with stage 4 (metastatic) non-small cell lung cancer. It has spread to the brain, spine, and several lymphnodes in the neck and chest area. Oncologist said the median prognosis for this is 8 months. I just want to hear from people who have a similar story. I want to try to learn as much about this as possible and how much time she truly has. She finished up whole brain radiation 2 weeks ago. She has done 7 rounds of spinal radiaiton and has 3 more to go. She will start chemo the 26th and chemo treatments will be 3 weeks apart. Once the chemo starts making her sick she will stop the treatments.

Thanks whoever is out there and cares to read this.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-29-2012 at 12:09 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: wilson21
Phoenix (07-07-2012), slenderella (07-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Moom is dying from cancer

hi i haven't been thru this but wanted to let you know that I'm so sorry about this and hope you get to spend good quality time w/ your mom. (((HUGS))) CJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
(female)

karmil1 HB User

Wilson21 I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My mom has already passed. She died 1 week ago. My mom was 73 and diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. It was also on her adrenal glands. My moms tumor was shrinking. We went to get the neulasta shot (which always made her feel bad) and the next day she died. She had finished 5 round of chemo once every three weeks. We think it was the neulasta that killed her. She had a wonderful weekend and then we went on Monday and she was gone Tuesday morning. She just stopped breathing. I am so sorry that your mother is so young, as are you. I am 43 and I have had the honor of being on this earth with my mom all this time. If she has the cancer in that many places it doesn't sound good. Keep her comfortable and spend as much time as you can with her. If I knew that my moms last day was going to be Monday, I would have spent the entire day with her. I still have so many questions about what really happened to her.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
(female)

beth 59 HB User

First I am sorry to hear of your mothers illness. I lost both parents to cancer so I do understand what you are dealing with. The time she has will not be long. I believe that nutrition at this point is going to be key. Juicing organic fruit and veggies 3-4 times a day will provide nutrition she needs. Also you can buy apricot kernels at most natural health stores
Or they can be ordered on line. They are high in latril which is used for cancer patients
You say that she is going to under go chemo until she gets sick and then quit. Ihave to wonder why. Chemo is posioning your body on purpose to kill cancer cells. It weakens an already weak body. I know we each have to do what we feel is best for ourselves but why does she want what time she has left being sick.
I wish you and your family all the best. I will remeber your mother in my prayers

Old 08-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
(female)

sstinson24 HB User
Re: Mom is dying from cancer

First I know that I am late with the response and i apologize. Secondly, i did not hear anything about your father. Anyway,I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my father 10 years ago, my stepfather last year and my mother 3/17/2012 to colon cancer. My mother was my everything literally. I am the only child with no children and I am 26 years old. My mother and I found out in November of 2011 thatshe was in the final stages of colon cancer. I was my moms POA and caregiver as well as her only daughter. I watched my mother die right in front of me. We were given a prognosis of two years at her primary doctors appointment and then at her oncologist appointment we were gien a few months, from that point forward I gave my mother all my attention and LOVE because she needed it to be strong. I loved my mom and did everything for her especially trying to keep her spirits high. My mom was 62 when she died on 7/10/2012 she would have turned 63. My suggestion stay close to your mother and your sisters, you all all going to need each other every minute of every hour. I will be praying for your family and I wish you the best. PS, my mother made a short video diary beore she passed and I watch it often to see and hear her voice.

Reply Reply