It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
(female)

brightstar01 HB User
Question Will counselling help?

My mum died when I was 11 due to cancer, i am 26 now and still finding it hard to cope, I now consider myself to be on the boarder line of a hypercondriact, if I ever feel I'll, or notice a change in myself I think the worst, and it's takeing over my life, I am always unhappy coz I always think the worst, and If I ain't worrying about myself then I'm worrying about my family, I am so afraid of loseing anyone close to me, I was so young when I lost my mum and it hurts really bad all I think of is her, and I'm always getting flash backs of when she was I'll, I went counselling when I lost my mum, and it helped, but now I can't stop worrying about illness, I don't know who to go to, I'm engaged to my partner who I have been with for 6 years and he thinks I need help it's puting a strain on our relationship coz I can't be happy without worrying about stuff, I hope there is someone who can advise me I know my problem is linked to loseing my mum to cancer but I can't clear my head thank you for takeing the time to read this xx

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: brightstar01
Phoenix (08-20-2012), writeleft (08-29-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Will counselling help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightstar01 View Post
I went counselling when I lost my mum, and it helped,
Hello brightstar01

Please consider going back to seeing a therapist.
If it helped in the past,it might just help now;when you are in dire need.
I wish I could take away the torment you are feeling but I can't;not by myself anyway.

I say leave the hard jobs to the professionals,as that's what they've been trained to do.

At least think about it,ok?

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Brightstar,

I agree with Phoenix. Speaking with a professional is always a good idea when things in our lives become too much to handle by ourselves.

Losing your mother at such a young age certainly could be behind your current concerns over your health and the health of your loved ones. It makes perfect sense that you live in fear of ever loosing a loved one again.

But at the point where it is affecting your relationships and your own mental health, it is time to seek help. Having someone to place all your fears on can be very helpful especially when that person is trained to listen and respond appropriately. This way you can take some of the pressure off your partner and free up your mind to think of other things important to you. Think of it as a place to leave your fears for and hour a week or whatever it is. To come away free and clear your mind of all that burdens it.

As to where to look, I am assuming you are not in the US, and I am not familiar with your medical system, but once you are committed to find help, it will likely appear to you.

Best to you...

Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
(male)

Eze777 HB User

Hi,

It's my first time in posting a message here, so if I get anything wrong then please do excuse me.

Your message really struck me. Thank you for being so honest and sharing your situation. I was really touched by your predicament.

In the past I have lost several people who have been very close to me, and I now work with people who have experienced loss and bereavement. I can only speak from my own personal experience, but it often seems to me that things not resolved through a significant loss end up surfacing elsewhere in life - often in the most unexpected places or in startling ways. This can understandably be scary. Speaking with someone about how you feel can help in bringing those things to the fore. Once thoughts and feelings are brought more out into the open, the current problems can often diminish, or they can at least be put in context and understood a bit more, which can be comforting.

It can be hard work though, but also immensely worthwhile if that is what is best for you.

I do hope things become more manageable. You are very courageous in trying to move forward in life.

Best wishes,

Eze777.

Reply Reply